• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bramble is sick, a new drug that sounds like dom perignon? u/d she's gone

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
It's a sign I'm back off holiday, got Bramble in St Georges :(, she went off her and she's been admitted to st georges, they scanned her but couldn't see much past the gas in her stomach, so they've x rayed her and she has quite a lot of food and fluid in her tum. They said they're putting her on a new drug and it sounds like dom perignon, but obviously not that, do you know what it is, they said it works similar to zantac (she's on that too)? They're keeping her in tonight :(

Last edited:
Hi, i believe its Domperamide (sp) that you mean.
Thumps is the lady to ask about this.
Sending lots of vibes for Bramble, poor bun xxx

:( Poor Bramble.

Sending lots of vibes. Hope she gets well soon.

Make sure she doesn't drink too much of the Dom Perignon.

Thanks guys, I felt really silly when she said the name and didn't want to ask for her to repeat it, thought I'd ask you guys :oops:

Am worried about her :(

Yep, Domperidone/Motilium, however they are spelled. I take it myself!

Hope Bramble will be OK. x

Awwww thank you, they're keeping her in :( she is one of the grey ladies in my siggie, not sure which one is which because they really look the same, they're microchipped so I can tell them apart :oops:

Vibes for Bramble x

I think (memory is a little foggy now) domperidone is basically a stronger gut stimulant & is supposed to make them feel hungry to eat. Sort of like a Super-Zantac drug.

Back