• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this bed ok to put in a rabbits hutch

Thanks Graham I think I had better take it off my order as it does look tempting to chew

Biscuit isn't a massive chewer, but i wouldn't put that in his pen, it'd be destroyed in a few days, i'm sure of it and i just couldn't risk him munching on a piece of it, as he likes to 'taste' anything new.

Sorry, i hope my comments didn't upset you in any way, i just wanted to try and help :)

Nope, I wouldn't. Firstly because most rabbits would destroy this in a matter of hours (and risk ingesting it) and secondly because for some weird and unknown reason, buns love to pee on soft fluffy things... :roll::lol:

Biscuit isn't a massive chewer, but i wouldn't put that in his pen, it'd be destroyed in a few days, i'm sure of it and i just couldn't risk him munching on a piece of it, as he likes to 'taste' anything new.

Sorry, i hope my comments didn't upset you in any way, i just wanted to try and help :)

No Graham not at all - I want my buns to be safe I appreciate your help Thanks,

Just made my first christmas shopping order for the dogs, rabbits and chinchilla :)

The only bun of mine that I have ever known to curl up in such a bed and not nom the heck out of it was Fred- and then he did not have one until he hit 11 and found out cuddling into the thing on damp days made his sore joints feel so much better. Would not recommend it for buns who love chewing or healthy buns who love moving lots.

For my younger buns have a strong cardboard box stuffed with hay to curl up in. Its cheap and easy to replace if they poo in it and I can compost it for my garden too.:D

Back