• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Head Scanning...

Hey everyone :)

I got 2 new rabbits on wednesday. I took one to the vets yesterday as i noticed it doing a werid thing with its head. The vet didnt know what was wrong with him. He was given cream for his eye as it was slightly swollen.

i took a video of him -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvYA6Q6aNs

(hope the video works)

does it look like head scanning? or should i take him back for some more tests? the vet told me to just keep an eye on him.

he seems to go into his own little world and not notice im there, even if i talk very loud. he just sits and his head goes side to side :? his eyes are dark but i think they go red in some light.

thank you for reading :)

Edit: he is a 9 week old mini lop

Last edited:
He does look like he is scanning

But if he is also disappearing into his own little world I would think he also has some neurological issues as well as sight problems :? Unfortunately there aren;t really any tests you can do for it.

I would suggest a 28 day course of panacur just in case there are some EC issues

He is very cute :love:

It could be scanning due to blindness and he could be disorientated in his new surroundings.
However the fact that he is hunched and unresponsive is abit alarming. Is your vet rabbit savvy? (not all are) Id want some more diagnostics done as it could well be neurological.

Poor bun :( Sending loads of vibes for him xxxx

i did say this morning that i thought he might be blind or partially blind but ive only had him since wed evening so i dont know much about him.

when i have him out for cuddles he will just sit in my arms. though he will move around when on the floor.

i dont think he is rabbit savvy, he admitted he would have never have noticed if i hadnt have pointed it out and shown him the video.

the vet looked in his ears and said there was nothing wrong with them. he eats, drinks, and does the toilet and the vet said he is healthly just not with it :?

i did say this morning that i thought he might be blind or partially blind but ive only had him since wed evening so i dont know much about him.

when i have him out for cuddles he will just sit in my arms. though he will move around when on the floor.

i dont think he is rabbit savvy, he admitted he would have never have noticed if i hadnt have pointed it out and shown him the video.

the vet looked in his ears and said there was nothing wrong with them. he eats, drinks, and does the toilet and the vet said he is healthly just not with it :?

We have a few like that :)

Back