• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now Pickle isn't well - sore hocks

Debster

Mama Doe
Timmy is well again after he stopped eating on Wednesday, but now Pickle is worrying me :( there were big patches of blood on the fleeces in the shed this morning and when we examined him, it looks like his left hock has been bleeding again. They moved into their shed and run on the grass 4 weeks ago and he has been fine since, I've been really pleased. I'd found he was knocking the scab off the hock going up and down the ramp in their hutch, which was making it bleed.

This morning though he was just sat in the corner in the shed, he didn't rush out the door as usual. The only time he's moved was to go and sit in the corner of the run. He's never shown any sign of pain/discomfort with his hocks before, but is not a happy bunny today :( Vets are just about to open, I just hope the 2 "bunny vets" are in today....

Thank you :) we managed to see Rob, who is the exotics vet and great with rabbits. Pickle is a little better now, thankfully there was no sign of infection in the foot. He is on a 10 day course of Metacam and I also have to start giving him vitamin A with his food. The vet said despite the bleeding today, Pickle's hocks are still much improved from when he started with them in June :)

Aaah ok, he is obviously feeling much better now as he's just binkied round the garden!:love: Hmm, don't think he will feel quite so happy once I've wrestled with him to give him his meds tomorrow!:roll:

Glad he is feeling well enough to binky! :wave: My Spenser was binkying round the living room within a few hours of being seen by the emergency vet for stasis. He was actually binkying before he started eating and pooing again. :roll:

Glad he is feeling well enough to binky! :wave: My Spenser was binkying round the living room within a few hours of being seen by the emergency vet for stasis. He was actually binkying before he started eating and pooing again. :roll:

They like to keep us on our toes don't they!:lol: Glad Spenser recovered quickly x

Back