• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Destruction Has Begun!

Bitzy

Mama Doe
OK so Dizzi and Rascal are indoors at the moment as they're bonding ...... they're doing really well and are bestest friends now so they have the run of the living room!

And the destruction has begun ...... they've eaten some wallpaper and part of the actual plaster on the corner of the chimney breast .... and some of the back of my leather sofa!

Will they have actually swallowed this ..... ??? :shock:

Any top tips for how I can stop them chewing?? ...... I have loads of jobs to do so was hoping not to have to spend all day on chew watch! lol

They have gnaw stones and willow sticks but still seem to prefer the walls/furniture!!!

Cheers, Jo x

Ah this old chestnut :lol: They are such mischief makers sometimes arent they?!
With mine it was a case of giving them loads of distractions, toys, safe things to gnaw on (a yellow pages is good) and just waiting for them to get bored of wrecking my house! Whichthey did, thank god!
Good luck :wave:

Ah this old chestnut :lol: They are such mischief makers sometimes arent they?!
With mine it was a case of giving them loads of distractions, toys, safe things to gnaw on (a yellow pages is good) and just waiting for them to get bored of wrecking my house! Whichthey did, thank god!
Good luck :wave:

I second this one! Biccy will sit, for literally hours, destroying one of these.

I've got through at least 10 since we've had him... :shock: :lol: I have to keep stealing the ones in my in laws flats at the bottom of the stairs :roll::oops::lol:

Brilliant, thanks, off to find a yellow pages!! :thumb:

They're being proper little monkeys today .... I daren't leave them for more than a few mins for fear of what they'll get up to next ....!!! lol

If I put them back in their pen they'll just spend the whole morning digging the fleece and laminate and lifting the whole pen up with their noses/teeth!!! :shock:

Spose I'm stuck here watching daytime tv til they have a snooze!! (sigh) ;)

Brilliant, thanks, off to find a yellow pages!! :thumb:

They're being proper little monkeys today .... I daren't leave them for more than a few mins for fear of what they'll get up to next ....!!! lol

If I put them back in their pen they'll just spend the whole morning digging the fleece and laminate and lifting the whole pen up with their noses/teeth!!! :shock:

Spose I'm stuck here watching daytime tv til they have a snooze!! (sigh) ;)

You knew this week was going to be nothing but Bunny related Jo, c'mon!:lol:

It was always a pipe dream to think you were going to get anything else done! :wave::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: so true!! :lol:

They may be indoors for a bit longer yet as the weather has taken a bit of a turn and the party tent collapsed during the night :shock: so work on the hutch/run is now weather permitting!!

They're very giddy today! Bless 'em!! It is lovely being able to spend all this time with them - it hasn't made them any more compliant tho! :lol:

The yellow pages is a big hit ...... but Dizzi seems to be eating it!?! :shock:

Biscuit does too, its never done him any harm :lol:

I've asked about it before but can't remember what people said and i can't find the thread now :?

To avoid maximum distruction never push furniture e.g. sofas right up the the wall, as they will try to eat a tunnel through. place an actual tunnel behind them e.g some wide-bore pipe or make a large tube out of cardboard.
When they have finished stripping the wallpaper you might want to paint instead...:lol:

Back