• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your rabbit know its name

trufflebun

Warren Scout
My friend came round & was really surprised that when i called Truffles, he came hurtling across the floor to me.. Is it unusual for a bun to know its name :)

All my furkids know their names,if i call Beau my Degu, he will stick his head out of his bed with his eyes closed for a kiss, so does kookiebear, one of my chinnies :love:

matthew and tabitha each know their own names. if i call for the matthew tabby just carries on with what she's doing... having said that, if i call them, they don't come running to mummy! they're more likely to stop eating my birth certificate, give me a quizzical look, and hop off to eat the wallpaper:lol:

Lucky has selective hearing so if i am saying "Lucky stop it" (chewing the bookcase for example) then he'll ignore it but if it's "Lucky, it's breakfast time" then he's over to me like a shot.

Typical male trait, i do believe! :D

My Zeke seems to actively ignore his name if it's a command like,"Zeke, come here boy!?" but if it's me saying something like "Zeke, I love you baby!" he'll listen and come over and lick me!!! Bless him! Selective hearing! My Harry knew his name, I'd call him and he'd bound up to you so fast, he'd almost knock you over. Some strength for a dwarf lop!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well I'd never really tried it out before because I always call them at the same time (but I call them their names individually when I talking/nose rubbing/feeding them etc) so assumed that they just responded to my voice rather than their names............ so I just called them individually and although they didn't come running they both stopped what they were doing and looked at me when I called them (ie/ Dizzi stopped and looked when I called her but Rascal carried on doing what he was doing - and vice versa)!! :D

So maybe they have picked up on it when I've been talking to them individually!

Blesssss!

:)

I dont know of its that mine know their names or if they just recognise the tone in which i say them. Each of my buns has a special 'voice' that i just use when i speak to that individual bun :oops: so maybe its that they respond to!
I can call my buns anywhere in the house and theyre with me within seconds :lol:

They both know their own name..... although they choose to ignore me sometimes :lol:

They also know that "Pelletses!" is dinnertime and they make a little bunny tornado at my feet waiting for their SS pellets :D

Back