• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for my maud please x

Lops

Mama Doe
As some of you might know, my Maud is an eating machine, but last night when I tucked them up and gave them their supper I didn't think Maud quite looked herself.
This morning I wasn't sure she'd eaten anything as more than half the food was left which never happens.
I presumed Malc had eaten the amount that was gone, and so I rang the vets and got her in for 11am.

He checked her all over including all her teeth, (which he said are fine) he gave her an injection to get her gut moving... and then discovered she had mites
I had to buy stuff to do all 4 buns in case they all have the same.

When we got home and I put maud back with Malc, it bought a tear to my eye because Malc went straight to maud and kissed all around her mouth and nose as if to say ....''I've been sooooo worried about you, how did you get on at the vets?''

She seems a little brighter now and has eaten a little bit of food and grass -tho not much!

On a slightly better note we had......
.....A consultation - A jab - 4 lots of mite treatment, and all it came to was....£28

She's asking for some get well vibes from you all :)

This was her just as we left for the vets

Image016.jpg

Poor Maud.

She's beautiful.

Isn't it wonderful how the rabbits love each other so much, especially when they need it the most.

Vibes for Maud.x

Aww thank you all xxx

I'm not a worrier usually, but this has bothered me today.

I'm scared that Malc will come to harm when he grooms Maud (which he does constantly) and licks the mite stuff - I did ask the nurse about this and she said to wait for about an hour before putting M&M back together, so I did...but it's bothering me still :oops:

Has anyone had this problem? :?

Get well soon vibes for Maud.
I have used the stuff for mites before when Starbuck had it, I had to treat the others. Twinkle and Star were the only two bonded together at the time and I did worry about it but I think you put it along the spine area - from the back of the head down to the bottom - and T&S dont tend to groom this part so much, its normally just their heads and faces.

I am just saying this from memory so I cant guarantee this is the correct procedure, nor that they wont lick it off.

I was more worried about them licking it off themselves :roll:

Did the Vet give Maud any pain relief ?

Sending get well vibes for her xx

Thank you xxx

Could it be in with the gut stimulant jab he gave her?
He certainly gave her tummy a good feel

I've just been and checked on her and she seems a bit happier :D

The gut stimulant jab and pain relieving jabs are two separate ones.
Hope she has a good night and feels better in the morning.

Maud would like to thank you all for the vibes...they worked, Yeah!!!!!

She ate a tiny bit of food last night, and this morning she had a little bit of cabbage and some pellets - nothing like the amount she normally would scoff in a day
(I'm always surprised Malc survives ) but, she did eat!

Thanks again everyone xxxx

Glad she is a bit better. x
ETA: it might help to keep tempting her with leafy herbs and dandelions if you have any, or kale or spring greens or grass - this is what I was advised recently for Starbuck as it helps to keep the gut moving and also gives them moisture :wave:

Back