• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lymington Mummy Bun - Precious - new piccy post 43

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you will know, Precious was one of the 68 buns removed from a house where the lady had been breeding for a pet shop. Things had gotten out of hand and she had been seeking help to rehome all of her rabbits and guinea pigs.

Precious was one of a few rabbits who were pregnant when taken out of the situation and she was due to travel to her rescue placement at a Blue Cross rescue centre. The night before she and some others were due to travel one of the pregnant does gave birth to dead kits and so it was decided not to stress her or Precious any further but to keep them here with us. The other bun Lara had to have an emergency spay as she also had a dead and decaying baby retained.

Well yesterday after nearly 4 weeks of waiting for Precious to deliver, despite expecting them sooner, she went to the vets to see what was happening. Up until this point she'd been so very stressed that we took the decision not to get her seen because all of the signs were that she was getting ready to nest and we didn't want her to loose her babies by upsetting her further.

Today Precious had an emergency spay as it was almost 28 days since we collected her and she should have given birth to her kits long since. Upon palpation the vet could not find any kits about to be born so it was suspected that she may have cancers in her uterus.

Sadly the news today was that she did have kits but one appeared to have already been resorbed and the other two were already dead. The vet and her partner (also a vet) have said that it was the worst looking uterus they had ever seen. Blackened in places and full of endometrial tissue - hardly surprising the kits did not appear as the uterus was not healthy enough for them to be born.

The good news is that there were no signs of cancer so hopefully, following a good recovery, Precioius will go on to be a much happier and healthier rabbit with a great life ahead of her. Her breeding days are over.
4thSept2010003-1.jpg

Last edited:
THANK GOODNESS her breeding days are over for this poor girl :cry:
I am so sorry about the babies. :cry:

I hope now she can recover and learn what a loving happy life is, full of freedom, noms and joy. :love:

Is she going to stay with you Helen or will she be rehomed?

She is so beautiful! I want to give her the biggest cuddle....:love:

Have a wonderful retirement Precious.

Nose rubs to you and hugs to Helen for taking care of you.

Bless her, she's gorgeous :love: I'm so pleased she's now safe with you, sending vibes for a speedy recovery :love:

THANK GOODNESS her breeding days are over for this poor girl :cry:
I am so sorry about the babies. :cry:

I hope now she can recover and learn what a loving happy life is, full of freedom, noms and joy. :love:

Is she going to stay with you Helen or will she be rehomed?

She is so beautiful! I want to give her the biggest cuddle....:love:

She will available for adoption when she's well from her spay and has had her vaccinations.

I have a lady locally who wanted to adopt Lara but who was pipped at the post by the lovely Becky, so she may offer her a home instead when she knows that she's going to be available sooner than 8 weeks+.

She will be the only one of the Lymington buns that are still with us that hasn't been reserved, but feel sure she'll be snapped up as soon as we are sure that she's fit and well.

I am so pleased that she has a chance of a decent future.

I cannot believe that people still wonder why most of us are anti pet shops and anti breeding???

:(:(:(:(:(:(

She will available for adoption when she's well from her spay and has had her vaccinations.

I have a lady locally who wanted to adopt Lara but who was pipped at the post by the lovely Becky, so she may offer her a home instead when she knows that she's going to be available sooner than 8 weeks+.

She will be the only one of the Lymington buns that are still with us that hasn't been reserved, but feel sure she'll be snapped up as soon as we are sure that she's fit and well.

This is great news, I am very pleased for them all. You have done an amazing job of rescuing and looking after all these buns, and giving them a new life.

She looks so lovely, whoever adopts her will be very lucky indeed.

Recovery vibes for Precious xx

This is great news, I am very pleased for them all. You have done an amazing job of rescuing and looking after all these buns, and giving them a new life.

She looks so lovely, whoever adopts her will be very lucky indeed.

Recovery vibes for Precious xx

She is lovely, but we haven't handled her at all since she arrived because we were so worried that the stress of the whole change might make her lose her babies. She is so very, very timid - guessing that the only contact she had was from a boy rabbit who was going to in effect 'rape' her, and the lady who (although not an ogre) used to scruff her rabbits to get hold of them, no real softness or love involved. I think she's going to take some time to get right and hopefully a new home will give her the time to come round when she's ready.

Our Dutch bunny Netty from the same group, is amazing and trusts me so much that I think she imagines me to be her partner. She loves for me to kiss her nose (she closes her eyes when I do). This has taken 3 weeks to achieve with me nursing her - hopefully Precious will learn in time to do the same.

She is lovely, but we haven't handled her at all since she arrived because we were so worried that the stress of the whole change might make her lose her babies. She is so very, very timid - guessing that the only contact she had was from a boy rabbit who was going to in effect 'rape' her, and the lady who (although not an ogre) used to scruff her rabbits to get hold of them, no real softness or love involved. I think she's going to take some time to get right and hopefully a new home will give her the time to come round when she's ready.

Our Dutch bunny Netty from the same group, is amazing and trusts me so much that I think she imagines me to be her partner. She loves for me to kiss her nose (she closes her eyes when I do). This has taken 3 weeks to achieve with me nursing her - hopefully Precious will learn in time to do the same.

This is just so so so sad. I can understand why you havent been able to handle her til now. Now she has every opportunity to love and be loved! And to feel safe. I think it takes them a while to feel safe and loved and to know they will not be hurt again - I still tell Fay that now - but also so amazing how quickly they do trust you, considering everything they have been through and their life experiences so far.

Thank you for everything you are doing for them.

I would love to adopt her, but I am not in a position to do so really, although we would like to get Starbuck a girly, the time isnt right at the moment, and anyway sounds like you may be finding a home for her fairly easily anyway.

Good luck Precious xx

my breeding comment kept to myself, sending huge soothing vibes to precious, and may she learn how to relax love and have a stress free furture :love:

This is just so so so sad. I can understand why you havent been able to handle her til now. Now she has every opportunity to love and be loved! And to feel safe. I think it takes them a while to feel safe and loved and to know they will not be hurt again - I still tell Fay that now - but also so amazing how quickly they do trust you, considering everything they have been through and their life experiences so far.

Thank you for everything you are doing for them.

I would love to adopt her, but I am not in a position to do so really, although we would like to get Starbuck a girly, the time isnt right at the moment, and anyway sounds like you may be finding a home for her fairly easily anyway.

Good luck Precious xx

He's scrummy - I love black buns.

Thing is that I think the right bunny comes along at the right time and Starbuck will have his day. We lost our beloved Fudge a week ago and whilst we knew she was poorly we didn't expect it then. Netty our Lym Dutch is now in the process of marrying Cookie the bunny Fudge left behind - it's all in the timing as she wouldn't be staying and joing our family if things had worked out differently. I trust entirely to 'the universe' or whatever it is, to sort things out.

Sure Starbuck will get his woman when the time is right.

really sad news. I hope Precious recovers soon and finds a lovely forever home. Until then, she is in the best hands with you.

Hello Shelley - you've got the RU bug huh!

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I'd suggest bonding her in with your new pair but I know what your husband would say about that one!

She's such a beautiful bunny, and very lucky to be in such good hands now. She does look very timid in her phot. Sending her vibes for a full recovery and a happy future. :wave:

Back