PDA

View Full Version : Lymington Mummy Bun - Precious - new piccy post 43

The Duchess
23-09-2010, 07:35 PM
As some of you will know, Precious was one of the 68 buns removed from a house where the lady had been breeding for a pet shop. Things had gotten out of hand and she had been seeking help to rehome all of her rabbits and guinea pigs.

Precious was one of a few rabbits who were pregnant when taken out of the situation and she was due to travel to her rescue placement at a Blue Cross rescue centre. The night before she and some others were due to travel one of the pregnant does gave birth to dead kits and so it was decided not to stress her or Precious any further but to keep them here with us. The other bun Lara had to have an emergency spay as she also had a dead and decaying baby retained.

Well yesterday after nearly 4 weeks of waiting for Precious to deliver, despite expecting them sooner, she went to the vets to see what was happening. Up until this point she'd been so very stressed that we took the decision not to get her seen because all of the signs were that she was getting ready to nest and we didn't want her to loose her babies by upsetting her further.

Today Precious had an emergency spay as it was almost 28 days since we collected her and she should have given birth to her kits long since. Upon palpation the vet could not find any kits about to be born so it was suspected that she may have cancers in her uterus.

Sadly the news today was that she did have kits but one appeared to have already been resorbed and the other two were already dead. The vet and her partner (also a vet) have said that it was the worst looking uterus they had ever seen. Blackened in places and full of endometrial tissue - hardly surprising the kits did not appear as the uterus was not healthy enough for them to be born.

The good news is that there were no signs of cancer so hopefully, following a good recovery, Precioius will go on to be a much happier and healthier rabbit with a great life ahead of her. Her breeding days are over.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/helenmhalliday/4thSept2010003-1.jpg

helgalush
23-09-2010, 08:06 PM
THANK GOODNESS her breeding days are over for this poor girl :cry:
I am so sorry about the babies. :cry:

I hope now she can recover and learn what a loving happy life is, full of freedom, noms and joy. :love:

Is she going to stay with you Helen or will she be rehomed?

She is so beautiful! I want to give her the biggest cuddle....:love:

Blackberry & Co
23-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Poor girl :(

So glad she is getting the love and care she deserve now x

angelwitch
23-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I am so glad she is now in your hands!!

wishing her a speedy and happy recovery

hurricanhoney
23-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Poor girl hope she recovers well.

janice
23-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Have a wonderful retirement Precious.

Nose rubs to you and hugs to Helen for taking care of you.

Hugbut
23-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Bless her, she's gorgeous :love: I'm so pleased she's now safe with you, sending vibes for a speedy recovery :love:

Gemmapookie
23-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Beautiful girl, i hope you get all the joys in life that you deserve now :love:

The Duchess
23-09-2010, 08:22 PM
THANK GOODNESS her breeding days are over for this poor girl :cry:
I am so sorry about the babies. :cry:

I hope now she can recover and learn what a loving happy life is, full of freedom, noms and joy. :love:

Is she going to stay with you Helen or will she be rehomed?

She will available for adoption when she's well from her spay and has had her vaccinations.

I have a lady locally who wanted to adopt Lara but who was pipped at the post by the lovely Becky, so she may offer her a home instead when she knows that she's going to be available sooner than 8 weeks+.

She will be the only one of the Lymington buns that are still with us that hasn't been reserved, but feel sure she'll be snapped up as soon as we are sure that she's fit and well.

The Duchess
23-09-2010, 08:25 PM

You are always welcome to do that............we have plenty of buns that could do with a snuggle.

MissMinnie
23-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I am so pleased that she has a chance of a decent future.

I cannot believe that people still wonder why most of us are anti pet shops and anti breeding???

:(:(:(:(:(:(

helgalush
23-09-2010, 08:27 PM
She will available for adoption when she's well from her spay and has had her vaccinations.

I have a lady locally who wanted to adopt Lara but who was pipped at the post by the lovely Becky, so she may offer her a home instead when she knows that she's going to be available sooner than 8 weeks+.

She will be the only one of the Lymington buns that are still with us that hasn't been reserved, but feel sure she'll be snapped up as soon as we are sure that she's fit and well.

This is great news, I am very pleased for them all. You have done an amazing job of rescuing and looking after all these buns, and giving them a new life.

She looks so lovely, whoever adopts her will be very lucky indeed.

Recovery vibes for Precious xx

helgalush
23-09-2010, 08:29 PM
You are always welcome to do that............we have plenty of buns that could do with a snuggle.

I would love to - but I live too far away :( I will send virtual snuggles instead! :)

The Duchess
23-09-2010, 08:31 PM
This is great news, I am very pleased for them all. You have done an amazing job of rescuing and looking after all these buns, and giving them a new life.

She looks so lovely, whoever adopts her will be very lucky indeed.

Recovery vibes for Precious xx

She is lovely, but we haven't handled her at all since she arrived because we were so worried that the stress of the whole change might make her lose her babies. She is so very, very timid - guessing that the only contact she had was from a boy rabbit who was going to in effect 'rape' her, and the lady who (although not an ogre) used to scruff her rabbits to get hold of them, no real softness or love involved. I think she's going to take some time to get right and hopefully a new home will give her the time to come round when she's ready.

Our Dutch bunny Netty from the same group, is amazing and trusts me so much that I think she imagines me to be her partner. She loves for me to kiss her nose (she closes her eyes when I do). This has taken 3 weeks to achieve with me nursing her - hopefully Precious will learn in time to do the same.

helgalush
23-09-2010, 08:37 PM
She is lovely, but we haven't handled her at all since she arrived because we were so worried that the stress of the whole change might make her lose her babies. She is so very, very timid - guessing that the only contact she had was from a boy rabbit who was going to in effect 'rape' her, and the lady who (although not an ogre) used to scruff her rabbits to get hold of them, no real softness or love involved. I think she's going to take some time to get right and hopefully a new home will give her the time to come round when she's ready.

Our Dutch bunny Netty from the same group, is amazing and trusts me so much that I think she imagines me to be her partner. She loves for me to kiss her nose (she closes her eyes when I do). This has taken 3 weeks to achieve with me nursing her - hopefully Precious will learn in time to do the same.

This is just so so so sad. I can understand why you havent been able to handle her til now. Now she has every opportunity to love and be loved! And to feel safe. I think it takes them a while to feel safe and loved and to know they will not be hurt again - I still tell Fay that now - but also so amazing how quickly they do trust you, considering everything they have been through and their life experiences so far.

Thank you for everything you are doing for them.

I would love to adopt her, but I am not in a position to do so really, although we would like to get Starbuck a girly, the time isnt right at the moment, and anyway sounds like you may be finding a home for her fairly easily anyway.

Good luck Precious xx

pink yorkie girl
23-09-2010, 08:41 PM
really sad news. I hope Precious recovers soon and finds a lovely forever home. Until then, she is in the best hands with you.

areia
23-09-2010, 08:42 PM
my breeding comment kept to myself, sending huge soothing vibes to precious, and may she learn how to relax love and have a stress free furture :love:

The Duchess
23-09-2010, 08:43 PM
This is just so so so sad. I can understand why you havent been able to handle her til now. Now she has every opportunity to love and be loved! And to feel safe. I think it takes them a while to feel safe and loved and to know they will not be hurt again - I still tell Fay that now - but also so amazing how quickly they do trust you, considering everything they have been through and their life experiences so far.

Thank you for everything you are doing for them.

I would love to adopt her, but I am not in a position to do so really, although we would like to get Starbuck a girly, the time isnt right at the moment, and anyway sounds like you may be finding a home for her fairly easily anyway.

Good luck Precious xx

He's scrummy - I love black buns.

Thing is that I think the right bunny comes along at the right time and Starbuck will have his day. We lost our beloved Fudge a week ago and whilst we knew she was poorly we didn't expect it then. Netty our Lym Dutch is now in the process of marrying Cookie the bunny Fudge left behind - it's all in the timing as she wouldn't be staying and joing our family if things had worked out differently. I trust entirely to 'the universe' or whatever it is, to sort things out.

Sure Starbuck will get his woman when the time is right.

The Duchess
23-09-2010, 08:46 PM
really sad news. I hope Precious recovers soon and finds a lovely forever home. Until then, she is in the best hands with you.

Hello Shelley - you've got the RU bug huh!

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I'd suggest bonding her in with your new pair but I know what your husband would say about that one!

susie bun
23-09-2010, 08:47 PM
She's such a beautiful bunny, and very lucky to be in such good hands now. She does look very timid in her phot. Sending her vibes for a full recovery and a happy future. :wave:

helgalush
23-09-2010, 08:47 PM
He's scrummy - I love black buns.

Thing is that I think the right bunny comes along at the right time and Starbuck will have his day. We lost our beloved Fudge a week ago and whilst we knew she was poorly we didn't expect it then. Netty our Lym Dutch is now in the process of marrying Cookie the bunny Fudge left behind - it's all in the timing as she wouldn't be staying and joing our family if things had worked out differently. I trust entirely to 'the universe' or whatever it is, to sort things out.

Sure Starbuck will get his woman when the time is right.

This is such a lovely way of looking at it. But I am so sorry about Fudge.

Thank you.

Good luck for Precious - I shall look out for updates. x

Rhianna
23-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Precious looks like Furby but her eyes are so sad:( I'm in tears looking at her and thinking of what she has been through. Poor, poor bun. I am so glad she will now get the love and care she needs and won't ever have to be mated again.

Furby was very scared when I first brought him home but is much better now:) Hopefully, Precious will be the same.

I think I live near enough to come for snuggles with buns, Helen :) Would love to meet Precious and Netty if you really don't mind visitors. It would be great to meet some of the other Lymington buns. Furby is the only one I have seen - and he is adorable and I am sure will truly come out of himself once he is bonded.

The Duchess
23-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Precious looks like Furby but her eyes are so sad:( I'm in tears looking at her and thinking of what she has been through. Poor, poor bun. I am so glad she will now get the love and care she needs and won't ever have to be mated again.

Furby was very scared when I first brought him home but is much better now:) Hopefully, Precious will be the same.

I think I live near enough to come for snuggles with buns, Helen :) Would love to meet Precious and Netty if you really don't mind visitors. It would be great to meet some of the other Lymington buns. Furby is the only one I have seen - and he is adorable and I am sure will truly come out of himself once he is bonded.

You are very, very welcome Karen. Just shout when you want to come.

happybun
23-09-2010, 08:54 PM
what a sad story. i'm sorry, precious. here's to a brighter future.

CazScho
23-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Poor little love :( At least she's on the right track now and can look forward to a much brighter future :D

susieb1
23-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Poor girl, she is a real stunner though. Hope she'll have a loving home soon.:wave:

BeatrixPotter
23-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Poor little Precious, thank goodness she is with you now. I dread to think what would have happened to Precious and Lara if you hadnt rescued them.

Sending Precious lots of love and nose rubs.

Willow_Warren
24-09-2010, 06:33 AM
What wonderful work you have done for this poor bunny, and she is a beauty/

H :)

Lottie999
24-09-2010, 07:10 AM
What a stunning girl, and such a harsh start to life. I hope she finds her forever home very soon with someone who can give her all the love and affection she deserves.

~Laura and Poppers~

The Duchess
24-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Well this morning Precious is obviously in a bit of discomfort so she's had her pain relief.

She has eaten under her own steam over night too so she's a bunny with a strong constitution I think.

She looks so very sad though - her dead eyes. It makes me want to cry. She is obviously feeling her loss.

The main difference this morning is that she is laying down in the hutch and not ripping the place up or hiding in the sleeping area. I just hope that this is not due to pain/depression, but more about not being disturbed in herself by the kits that had obviously been making her so uncomfortable and frustrated.

She allowed me to comfort her late last night when I gave her some Recovery. Very scared but relatively accepting of me handling her as necessary.

I do hope today will see an even bigger improvement in her demeanour.

diamondgirl
24-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Sending lots of hugs

rabswood
24-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I hope you feel better soon little Precious. From here the only way is up :)

nursecroft
24-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Oh bless her, im glad she'd ok, hopefully this is the start of a nice life and she can forget the trauma shes been through x

dizzyg
24-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Bless her! Her story makes me want to cry.:cry:

Sending her cuddles. Hope she feels better soon.

xxx

amyhhh
24-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Poor Precious!
She looks like such a lovely beautiful girl! I hope she recovers well.

helgalush
24-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Poor Precious. Come on girlie, we want your eyes shining bright again, when you are recovered and ready! More hugs and vibes from me and the bunnies x

Debster
24-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Well this morning Precious is obviously in a bit of discomfort so she's had her pain relief.

She has eaten under her own steam over night too so she's a bunny with a strong constitution I think.

She looks so very sad though - her dead eyes. It makes me want to cry. She is obviously feeling her loss.

The main difference this morning is that she is laying down in the hutch and not ripping the place up or hiding in the sleeping area. I just hope that this is not due to pain/depression, but more about not being disturbed in herself by the kits that had obviously been making her so uncomfortable and frustrated.

She allowed me to comfort her late last night when I gave her some Recovery. Very scared but relatively accepting of me handling her as necessary.

I do hope today will see an even bigger improvement in her demeanour.

That brought tears to my eyes :cry: these bunnies are so very special and deserve the brightest of futures ahead of them now xxx

rabbitapril
24-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Sending love and get well vibes to Precious.
I am glad no breeder will ever get near her, or want her now.

pink yorkie girl
24-09-2010, 06:23 PM
ooh....... you know I never listen to my husband anyway!!!!!........ I think I am going to have enough on my hands with Dougal... am going to let my head rule over my heart this time.

But after reading your last post my heart is now starting to take over....

raine
24-09-2010, 06:30 PM
So glad Precious has overcome her final hurdle and that she is now having the life she should have.

Rhianna
24-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I've e-mailed you about a visit Helen:)

It was Precious' eyes that tore at my heart. A friend rehomed a 'Many Tears' ex breeding b i t c h and her eyes looked like that when I first met her. Now, they look completely different as she is a very happy doggie. Hopefully, Precious' eyes will change too as she learns she is safe and loved and will be allowed to be a bunny, rather than a breeding machine.

Tuckerbunnies
24-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Lots of cuddles for Precious, you are safe at last sweetheart you can now be a rabbit and not a breeding machine :love::love::love:

The Duchess
25-09-2010, 08:15 PM
I've e-mailed you about a visit Helen:)

It was Precious' eyes that tore at my heart. A friend rehomed a 'Many Tears' ex breeding b i t c h and her eyes looked like that when I first met her. Now, they look completely different as she is a very happy doggie. Hopefully, Precious' eyes will change too as she learns she is safe and loved and will be allowed to be a bunny, rather than a breeding machine.

Just replied Karen.

You can tell so much from the eyes can't you.

Well today, whilst still very unsure of herself, we moved Precious to a larger hutch in the sunshine (as she's been hidden since she arrived to give her some privacy for giving birth). She sat and watched me all day and seemed to enjoy watching the world go by a little more than she has done previously.

David handled her for a bit too, but she wasn't too keen. We did manage to get a nice photo though. I think she looks a bit happier in this one.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/helenmhalliday/PreciousCloseUp.jpg

I think we are on our way with this lady :D

susieb1
25-09-2010, 08:19 PM
What a pretty princess!:love::love:

The Duchess
25-09-2010, 08:21 PM
What a pretty princess!:love::love:

How amazing - for some strange reason my OH David won't call her Precious, he calls her his Princess. Maybe you two know something I don't - like she's royalty LOL

susie bun
25-09-2010, 08:30 PM
You're doing a wonderful job with her. :) She deserves to be Princess Precious after all she has been through. :love: