• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser back from the vet/parcel arrived ...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I don't know how to update a thread title :oops:, so posting a new one as Spenser wants his friends to know he has seen his regular vet (who is much nicer than the one we saw last night!). She has given him baytril for 5 days, and he is to get this on his favourite veg as neither Spenser or I are good with syringes. Hopefully he is now well on the mend. Thanks for all the vibes. :wave:

Last edited:
Glad it went went well. Good luck with the baytril! Mini shredded wheat are quite handy for getting meds into awkward buns ;)

And to update a thread title you click edit on your first post and then you can change the title :wave:

didn't realise he'd been poorly...just caught up with this! so relieved to hear he's got some meds and hope he feels much better very soon!

Spenser has just gobbles his kale, apparently oblivious to the 0.3ml of baytril it was disguising. ;) I know I can't feed him kale indefinitely, but at the moment I'm just so relieved to see him nomming. :love:

Hope you had time to get out and re-stock your freezer with lots of choc ices :wave:

(Eating kale leftovers is not so appealing.....not that I'm thinking Spenser will have any leftovers :lol:)

He had stasis last night.:(:( I took him to the emergency vet, who gave him some injections and send us home with recovery food to syringe. This was not a great success. :oops: I thought he was going to die, he looked so poorly, and felt cold. :cry: We kept him in overnight, and as I don't have an indoor hutch I waited up as long as I could keep awake, then my parents took a turn each. Yes, really, I had an indoor bun for the night, but not the way I hoped it would happen. By the way, he's Spenser not Spencer (named after a 16th century poet, not Lady Diana). :wave:

It sure was scary. :( I'd have so enjoyed the cuddles had it not been so very unlike him - in fact it was his allowing me to pick him up that first alerted me to the fact he was unwell. My parents were very supportive and concerned. Even Dad has stopped pretending that Spenser has't made a conquest of him. :lol::lol::lol:

It sure was scary. :( I'd have so enjoyed the cuddles had it not been so very unlike him - in fact it was his allowing me to pick him up that first alerted me to the fact he was unwell. My parents were very supportive and concerned. Even Dad has stopped pretending that Spenser has't made a conquest of him. :lol::lol::lol:

Nice to have that support, it means a lot.

Aw Spenser!! Soooo glad he's on the mend!! xx

Great to hear Susie :)

Keep nomming Spenser!

Did you have that hot tea Susie? Did it help?

Thaks Graham. :wave: Spenser's cheeky face was waiting for me when I took out his morning pellets. As to the tea, the first pot wasn't quite the ticket, but the second was much better! :D

Back