• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will this be big enough?

ChristyRose

Alpha Buck
I want to get a new hutch but the longest I can go is 5ft which I know is too short. So, if I made it 3ft deep and attached a permanent run which is 5ft x 6ft and its all going to be 2ft 6 ins high. That will be 45 sq feet. From the back of the hutch to the end of the run will be 9ft. I know its not masses of space but do you think it will be okay?

They are rexes. I think Jake the one who is going to have the new hutch is a standard crossed with a mini rex as hes not as big as the others. But anyway I'd say they are a standard size if that makes sense. He will have a wifey at some point so this will be for 2 rabbits. Do you think it will be big enough?

I'm not sure :?

But I do have a suggestion. How about having a run that is 5ft x 9ft and then having a hutch that is 6ft x 3ft that sits on top of the run sideways? I made one very similar to this and will be posting photos after this weekend.

A 5 x 3 hutch will give 15 square feet of space
A 5 x 6 run will give 30 square feet of space.
Total = 45 square feet in total.

For an average pair of rabbits it is recommended that they have a minimum of 36 square feet. Therefore your sizing for a hutch with attatched run will be fine for your buns.

Back