• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This may be a daft bunny question ......

Bitzy

Mama Doe
...... I seem to be full of them today ....... but, could bunnies be scared by something you wear??

Today I have my Burnley polo shirt on (its claret and blue) and as soon as I walked back in the room after my shower wearing it .... they both scarpered and don't seem at all keen on being near me!

They don't usually act like this so I just wondered if certain colours can freak them out a bit??

Happen I should just go change my top and see what happens eh!?!!

...... I seem to be full of them today ....... but, could bunnies be scared by something you wear??

Today I have my Burnley polo shirt on (its claret and blue) and as soon as I walked back in the room after my shower wearing it .... they both scarpered and don't seem at all keen on being near me!

They don't usually act like this so I just wondered if certain colours can freak them out a bit??

Could it be the change of smell? You won't smell like 'you' after a shower. E.g, somebun here will not lick/sniff me for over 30 miuntes to an hour after a shower, as i don't smell like 'me' but like shower gel / shampoo!

Could it be the change of smell? You won't smell like 'you' after a shower. E.g, somebun here will not lick/sniff me for over 30 miuntes to an hour after a shower, as i don't smell like 'me' but like shower gel / shampoo!

Hhhm not sure as I usually go out to sort the buns in a morning straight after my shower before I get ready for work so would smell like sower gel/shampoo etc then!?

Unless its because I was messing with them this morning before my shower and then came back in afterwards and they noticed the difference ...... hahaha that makes me sound like I'm really stinky!! I'm not! Honest!!! :lol:

It was literally as soon as I walked through the door, they ran off! Charming eh! :?

Buu freaked once when my mum walked into the garden wearing a long skirt, she was definitely scared and was trying to hide. My mum changed to trousers and sat next to her hutch for a bit, she did come out eventually and was fine

Rabbits are afraid of flapping large garments and mine always run from me when I put on my jacket. But if the culprit article of clothing was not flapping and the smell was the same as usual, I don't know what to say.

Mine run away from me when im wearing my winter snow boarding jacket. Its huge and poofy so i guess to them i dont look like me when im wearing it, ie i look bigger. It makes alot of noise aswell which they dont approve of! :roll:

Baby freaked out when I went outside in a pink dressing gown :shock::lol: Calmed down when I got changed though

Oooh well the shirt is a blokes XL size and I have to tie it at the side to stop it flapping ....... but it still looks massive on me (its a 'dossing' top) so maybe that was it rather than the colour!

I've changed my top now and they're fine! lol

Rabbits apparently see blue and green more than other colours, so I wonder if that also plays a part.

Maybe you just made them jump? I can walk into a room talking to the bun as I go in I get no reaction then after a minute they scuffle off thumping. It's as if they are dozing and then suddenly realise i'm there. Dreaming of carrots, lovely meadows and a distant voice of mommy warbling, then when i'm sure they've realised i'm there and I walk past them its a scuffle, 'jesus what was that...' type reaction. Then Thump and a look of 'mommy, can you not creep up on me like that'. I'm sure you get what I mean :) sometimes I wonder if they're half deaf!

Obviously Blackburn fans.

Interesting stories. When I put my jimmyjams on, Sukie jumps up my legs, scratches and pulls at them with her teeth (very gently), which she never does when I have leggings on in the day. Could be bagginess or colour change.

Back