• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aviary Roof Q

We've just put black corrugated 'stuff' on ours. Its supposed to stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.

Aaaah excellent, have you been in it when it rains? I'm just wondering if its really loud inside?

Oh and where did you get yours from?

Cheers, Jo

Last edited:
Its not rained yet here (we did put it on only yesterday). I suspect it will be loud but not horrendously loud.

ETA- its the same stuff from the link (tend to only open links if I have to because our internet is rubbish). We got ours from B&Q.

Brilliant, ta very muchly, think we'll use that instead then, especially if it works out cheaper than the felt idea!! :D

:lol: And by the time I got out there is was just spititng so noise levels were not high. Its conspiring against me!

Ok, having now been and stood out there in rain, it wasn't loud at all. Obviously it will get louder with harder rain but it was quite soothing the noise actually. Made me want to go to sleep. :lol:

We have, yes. Not sure if that was meant for me though. Through much learning all our roofs are sloped. :lol:

My aviary roof isn't sloped. Water doesn't collect on top with these onduline panels. The only benefit to having a sloped roof is that you can angle the roof so that you don't get wet going in and out.

Sorry to hi-jack, but are do you/have you sloped the roofs?

We're planning on sloping the roof as ours is right up against the wall with next doors garden and don't want the water running off into their garden and drowning all their plants! Although OH did mention something about maybe adding guttering at a later date!

Ok, having now been and stood out there in rain, it wasn't loud at all. Obviously it will get louder with harder rain but it was quite soothing the noise actually. Made me want to go to sleep. :lol:

Oh that's good to know!! I'll have to warn OH when its finished that if I go out to see the buns when its raining and don't come back .... I may just be having a little snooze!! :lol:

Oooh do you have any pics?

DSCF0756.jpg

Although they are black underneath anyway, so not much point going for red unless you look at the aviary from an unstairs window! :lol:

Oh that looks good! Although not sure I'd spend much time gazing at it from upstairs tbh! lol

How big is your aviary?

Hmmm, not sure what to do now then :?

Only issue is, is that our aviary isnt on level ground, so the top edges arent level (it'll be secure as we're screwing it into the concrete/slabs)

Back