• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Last night, as we slept....

Zara

Mama Doe
It was the early hours of the morning, the house was quiet, minus Sean muttering in his sleep as usual. I was dozing in and out of sleep, quite comfy, then suddenly we heard an almighty crash at the bottom of the bed :shock:

As me and the boyfriend sat bolt-upright, there was a soft thud as something small and fuzzy jumped on the bed. It was Rascal, looking VERY pleased with himself. The little B****r had managed to burst his cage door open! :roll:

I turned to Sean and announced that we need a bigger and stronger cage. The cage isn't small, but obviously not strong enough for brute-bunny strength :lol:

As I've said before Rascal hates being put in his cage at night, a problem that will hopefully be fixed once he's bonded with Batbunny as Rascal, unlike the timid Batbunny, HATES to be on his own at night, and we're not allowed to adjust the room for free-ranging (we still live in Sean's mother's house, only temporary though)

Can anyone recommend decent indoor cages? :lol:

:lol:

Smart bunny!

I like NIC grids. I've never had a breakout and I've been using them for over three years now, with some very houdini like bunnies.

I don't think you would be able to get a dog crate big enough - even if it is only overnight. I also use NIC grids - we have a 3 level condo, with the bottom level being 2 grids high for buns and the top two levels for the guinea pigs. The buns are never permanently shut in it anymore, but they did used to get locked up at night. We never had any escapades and both my two can be very determined, mischievous characters!

The only time I had buzzby indoors (post neuter adn fear of flies outside) he broke out of the setup I made :roll: I was woken in the middle of the night to my sister complaining there was a bunny in her bed and he wouldnt go away. I ended up barricading off the area with wooden pannels from an old kitchen unit. It looked ugly but worked. Thankfully he doesnt jump that high, jstu pushes and squeezes.

My two live in a dog crate overnight and in the daytime, I think it's 4 foot, but they have a pen attached as well. Dog crate doors seem like they're fairly rabbit proof.

I'm hoping he'll calm down when he's fully bonded with my little Batbunny, but why do I suddenly suspect I'll have double the trouble on my hands? :roll:

I looked in B&Q for those NIC grid set-ups, an assistant told me they don't sell them anymore, then I found them on the way out :lol:

Saving up for them, I'm currently a bit skint right now as I'm signed off work, but should have enough money together by the end of october

I use one of the rabbit cages from P & H. I can't find a picture but its big enough for Pierre to stretch, lay down, and stand on his two feet without being squashed and constricted. He's hardly in it at night time as he lives in my bedroom and he shakes it very loudly, but he cant break out of it. Also I found that sometimes when hes quite shakey with it out of frustration I used to pop a blanket over the top and he calmed down.
Would you not let him free range at night? Is he litter trained etc?

Back