• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could anyone help me identify specie of my rabbit?

Certainly not a Rex as Rex's have a velvety coat and your rabbit doesn't have the correct facial shape for a Rex. Dwarf doesn' treally mean a lot as a dwarf lop can get fairly large.

Thank you!

:D Thank you very much! ^^
Feel great that I don't have to argue with scary looking farmer I bought from.

Definately some agouti in there. It looks like she has otter markings (lighter underneath, and lighter around the nose). Maybe blue otter? Not sure of the shape tho.

Its probably a cross breed. It's face shape is very similar to that of my mini rex but its fur doesn't look like rex fur although its hard to tell from pics.

What a cutie! I think you have a cross breed of some description, s/he is definitely not a rex as s/he doesn't have the right coat. Here's a rex, you can see the very velvety sheen on her fur which your rabbit doesn't have.
041.jpg

It's a cross breed
Not a dwarf and not a Rex

It's colour looks to me either blue otter or lilic otter

"Dwarf" might have meant "Netherland dwarf" but she is not a Nethie, she is slender in shape and as longer ears than a Nethie has.
She's one pretty bunny and she won't probably grow very large. She appears to be a cross breed of some kind. Is she friendly? Cross-breed rabbits can have any kind of personality.

Thank you everyone!!

"Dwarf" might have meant "Netherland dwarf" but she is not a Nethie, she is slender in shape and as longer ears than a Nethie has.
She's one pretty bunny and she won't probably grow very large. She appears to be a cross breed of some kind. Is she friendly? Cross-breed rabbits can have any kind of personality.

She "was" very gentle. But now she bites/eats all kinds of rubber and soft plastic stuff. Still she's very smart and never poo or pee outside her cage even though i didn't do anything to train her :)

Did you see Mum and Dad, how old is she? dwarf lops get their loppy ears later on so she might still lop :love: Def not a netherland dwarf

the suggestions of agoui and lilac/blue otter etc are colours not breeds, I would say Agoui (colour of a wild bunny) or Fawn (pale brown/beige with darker guard hairs and white underneath)

Last edited:
Back