• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh what a bad day me & the buns had!

Livi

Alpha Buck
I got home and decided to put them in the grass run, Pip has been a bit difficult to handle recently and so to minimise stress I transport her in the carrier to & fro the run.

Yesterday I decided to pick her up and carry her, as the longer I leave it to pick her up, the more she will panic etc (I know they all panic to a degree anyway! Well some). So I picked her up (bear in mind I did plan to trim her nails yest!:roll:) and she goes absolutely crazy, thrashing about like never before, shreds my arms, chest and even gets me really badly on the jaw! What seemed like an eternity later I placed her in the run….Later on looked in the mirror upstairs & realised she had torn my top!:lol: ha ha to me, but still felt guilty I had stressed her out...

About 4 hours later, I went out to see them and usually when called they both run over :love: well Pip didn’t and I was really worried she had got hurt in the earlier struggle. So I went over to her & she thumped at me 3 times!! I offered her some carrot which she refused to take from my hand…..but would eat it from the grass…She wasn’t a happy girl!

So at bed time I went to say good night to them (by this time back in hutch), and as I opened the top door….splat! Rusty falls out the hutch :( Poor thing! I quickly grabbed him as it was dark and if he ran off I would have had no chance of finding him… Anyway he seemed ok when I quickly checked him over, put him back, gave them 20 mins or so to settle. Went back to check up and both were ok, coming over for a fuss (Pip included! I had been forgiven), so gave them both some treats and both eat ok, so I thought they must both be ok if eating…:love: thank goodness! and both were fine this morning too...

No point to this thread really – but what a day!! I know none of the above is funny, but at least now I can look back and giggle to myself and just hope I dont have a day like that again, if I didn’t do that I think I would cry…:lol:

What a horrible experience it was seeing my poor Rusty fall….I came over boiling hot & sweaty, shaky and sick feeling it was awful, and it could only happen to Rusty….!

What a day indeed! :shock: Hope typing it out helped get the stress out of your system. :wave: I had my first experience of the emergency vet last night, and am consequently a bit knackered this morning.

Hope you and the buns have a better day today. On the subject of picking up bunnies, it was Spenser allowing me to do this that alerted me to the fact he was ill.

That does sound like a stressful day!

Your Rusty sounds like my Dopeys. They have a habit of falling out of places. :lol: I'm glad you caught him though and that he wasn't hurt or anything.

Awh Susie - Hope Spencer is ok :)

LOL Sky-O, Rusty really is a dopey bunny - no way can I imagine Pip falling out:lol:

Thanks Ambience. They wont be too happy today though, they dont like it when it pours as they cant go in the grass run :roll:

Back