• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those who just feed pellets- how many grams do you feed per day per rabbit?

How many grams of pellets do you feed?

• 10grams ( a couple of tbsp)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 20grams

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 30grams (about a handful)

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • 40 grams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 grams

• 60 grams ( i believe this is the science selective recommended amount)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 130 grams( i think this is the burgess excel recommended amount-) +upwards..

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I'd like to know this as i have some buns that can't eat hay and can't eat veg at the moment.

Thanks x

P.s please discuss and explain if amount isn't included. I think a cup full is about 70grams.

p.s I've put 60grams- that is what i'm feeding sunny who can't eat hay because he has no teeth and he can't eat veg either.

Last edited:
Why cant they eat hay?

Even though me and my vet believe Digit is allergic or gets an irritation from hay, and he sneezes majorly, I have still been told he needs hay as it is important that they have a constant supply of it, so I wet it down so he still gets it.

Why cant they eat hay?

Even though me and my vet believe Digit is allergic or gets an irritation from hay, and he sneezes majorly, I have still been told he needs hay as it is important that they have a constant supply of it, so I wet it down so he still gets it.

Dental problems.

oh ok, I have no experience with dental bunnies so am not sure with what they can eat, but I thought hay was good for there teeth :? or is that only to say prevent a problem, rather than letting them have it if they have a probllem. The same with veg wouldnt that be softer for them to be able to manage to eat, somethnig like a bit of cucumeber, or kurly kale would be anyway, maybe not carrot or anything like that though.

As I say no experience with dental bunnies, I just know hay is important.

Hope they are ok :)

Mine all get a small handful each once a day (although the trio get an extra handful, so four handfuls between three, as Thistle scoffs so much! :roll:).

I have a dental bunny with no incisors and she struggles with hay and veggies. Veggies I chop really small and sprinkle on top of the pellets (broccolli's brilliant as you can just rip the little top bits off) and I trim her hay into short strands and put it in a bowl so she's not chasing it halfway across the floor trying to pick it up. :wave:

I'd like to know this as i have some buns that can't eat hay and can't eat veg at the moment.

Thanks x

P.s please discuss and explain if amount isn't included. I think a cup full is about 70grams.

p.s I've put 60grams- that is what i'm feeding sunny who can't eat hay because he has no teeth and he can't eat veg either.

If Patch is still unable to eat hay and veg, you really must take him back to the vet. It's now a week since his dental, and his mouth should have settled down. Blaze probably has damage to his tongue/cheek from his spurs, and must be losing weight quite rapidly. If he can't have his dental until next week, you need to ask for PAIN RELIEF for him. If your vet wont prescribe it, PLEASE find a vet who will.

Back