• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of these aviaries/panels?

I saw some really nice ones on ebay from St Neots. They weren't particularly cheap but looked very well made and they would change the mesh to your specifications :)

Hopefully we are buying Katies aviary when she moves, if not we will be buying the above ones. I have seen a sweet little playhouse to fit inside it too :D

Ooh just found them on ebay, and have emailed asking for a quote :D

Would you say the ones in my link look relatively fox proof and secure?

Postage is very expensive on that site, Kris. It's a bit difficult to tell how solid the wood is too, worth having a really good study of the pictures and asking what wood they use as some use soft pine which won't last - I can't see what they're using on that site so when they get back to you with a quote, I'd definitely suggest asking.

As Liz says, also have a look on ebay. Here's one by chirpy coops, for instance:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6'x3'-PANEL-K...956240&cguid=c652c7a71240a0aad29580a5ff4e8ce3

Chirpy Coops are making the new Rabbit Residence enclosures - I saw some of them on Saturday and they are really solid and fantastic quality.

Edit: ooh it looks like they are the ones in St Neots :lol:

Postage is very expensive on that site, Kris. It's a bit difficult to tell how solid the wood is too, worth having a really good study of the pictures and asking what wood they use as some use soft pine which won't last - I can't see what they're using on that site so when they get back to you with a quote, I'd definitely suggest asking.

As Liz says, also have a look on ebay. Here's one by chirpy coops, for instance:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6'x3'-PANEL-K...956240&cguid=c652c7a71240a0aad29580a5ff4e8ce3

Chirpy Coops are making the new Rabbit Residence enclosures - I saw some of them on Saturday and they are really solid and fantastic quality.

Edit: ooh it looks like they are the ones in St Neots :lol:

Yes they are the ones we were going to buy :D Hopefully we will be able to save a few pennies buy getting Katies as it is the exact size we want, if not these are the ones we will be buying :wave:

They are the one in St Neots :D I have emailed for a quote!

I have been quoted £802 from one place for a 15 x 15.. but then remembered my kennel is 16ft.. so can't do it anyway :oops:

Would it be better to have it connected to the kennel, rather than around it?
Just thinking as there would be a small half foot gap as the kennel is around 5ft 5 tall, but panels are 6foot... :?

I tried looking at the quality, but the pictures aren't too good, and I have no idea really what I am looking for :oops:

I didn't notice Postage on the site Alison, how much is it?

You also need to check the gauge of the wire. I couldn't see on some of the adverts what gauge the wire is. Some places try to keep their prices low by using thinner gauge wire and this obviously makes it less 'fox proof'.

I think the higher the number, the more solid the wire - p'raps someone could confirm ??

Oh dear :(

Looking at that actually, I think it is someone else that they are giving advertising/publicity to, as the contact email for that lop thing is different to theirs? Still not a good thing though

Oh dear :(

Looking at that actually, I think it is someone else that they are giving advertising/publicity to, as the contact email for that lop thing is different to theirs? Still not a good thing though

Fair enough. Just thought it was worth you knowing in case it was them and you hadn't spotted it. If it is the breeder I think it is then they are not that bad. Still don't agree with what they are doing but I have seen much worse.

Hi

I got my aviary extension for the kennel from Chirpy coops. As others have said the quality is very good and it was made to measure to fit on the front of the kennel. Plus they erected it on delivery and all for £150. The only gripe I had with them was that they did not deliver on the day they originally promised (a friday) but they did come a couple of days later, on the Sunday of the bank holiday. I wouldn't mind if they'd been honest about it, but they said their van had broken down and I know at least one other RUer who got the same excuse, plus the panels arrived by car!

All the best

Jo

Back