• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aviary help!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
I was hoping to have a 16ft x 16ft aviary ... but have been told it may be very hard as I will need several support beams holding the roof.

Can anyone see any way around the issues with a 16x16 aviary?

could you put a divide in to make the equivalent of 2 8ft by 16ft aviaries but leave a middle panel out so they still have access to the whole area :? that would give the middle of the roof something to screw on to :)

I asked the woman, and she said I *may* just about get away with it, but best to stick to the supports.

She said also to stick with 15ft x 15ft as the panels are 3ft wide, so easier to do. And have been quoted £802 inc delivery :shock:

Yes the roof wouldn't support itself at 15ft. You would have to do something with supports. They wouldn't have to be thick supports because they only have to hold up the roof, but you would need a few.

You could probably get some custom made roof panels that were 9ft long as you can get wood in these lengths. Or if you had normal 6ft panels you could use 9ft long pieces of timber to support the roof without resorting to stilts, but the run would need to be only 9ft wide.

That is a lot of money, you could make them a lot cheaper yourself or maybe get someone local to make them. Also have you checked eBay?

Back