• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed-bonding query?

sugarlump

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone:wave: Ive just finished making a new run for the grass (one that sugar cannot jump over) :lol: And was wondering if I can put one of the girls in it yet.
Problem being they are currently living side by side, and have to take turns in the current run.They are having thier spays next week (together.) So that I can bond them.
Or will doing this (putting them in new pen) Give me more problems?
Should I wait till they can both go in it together so that it is neutral to them both?
Does this make sense?:shock: Ahhhh any advice would be much appreciated.
Would love to send some pics when I know how to...:oops:

:wave: Personally I would wait until they can go into it together as the one going in first will see it as her territory and could lead to fighting when bonding.
Where are you bonding them?

Hi I was going to bond them in my dining room as neither of them have been in ther before. I keep reading other peoples threads to see what they are doing.
Will 3 weeks be o.k to wait before I try? After their spay,Or should it be longer?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi I was going to bond them in my dining room as neither of them have been in ther before. I keep reading other peoples threads to see what they are doing.
Will 3 weeks be o.k to wait before I try? After their spay,Or should it be longer?
Thanks

I would say 3 weeks should be ok... but depends on the individual bun. Are they displaying hormonal behaviour? If so I think it can take up to 6 weeks for this to die down after a spay.
Dont attempt bonding until the buns have FULLY recovered and are not displaying any hormonal behaviour. How old are the buns? are they related? I hope it goes smoothly for you - bonding can be very stressful!

I would say 3 weeks should be ok... but depends on the individual bun. Are they displaying hormonal behaviour? If so I think it can take up to 6 weeks for this to die down after a spay.
Dont attempt bonding until the buns have FULLY recovered and are not displaying any hormonal behaviour. How old are the buns? are they related? I hope it goes smoothly for you - bonding can be very stressful!

They are not related I got peppa 1st at 10 weeks in june then Sugar in july aged 12 weeks (I was told two girls together would be fine) I have learnt alot since then.From experience my local rabbit rescue who have given me loads of advice and from this forum.
They lay side by side in thier pens/or lounge through bars.But poop up and down the length of the pen. Wee in the litter trays.
In the beggining they would nip through the bars but they have been living side by side for about 2 months. always in each others sight.
When I took them to vets for pre op the other day I took them side by side in a converted cage and they snuggled up together at the wire which gave me hope.
Am I doing things right?
I hope so thanks in advance.:D

They are not related I got peppa 1st at 10 weeks in june then Sugar in july aged 12 weeks (I was told two girls together would be fine) I have learnt alot since then.From experience my local rabbit rescue who have given me loads of advice and from this forum.
They lay side by side in thier pens/or lounge through bars.But poop up and down the length of the pen. Wee in the litter trays.
In the beggining they would nip through the bars but they have been living side by side for about 2 months. always in each others sight.
When I took them to vets for pre op the other day I took them side by side in a converted cage and they snuggled up together at the wire which gave me hope.
Am I doing things right?
I hope so thanks in advance.:D

Yes sounds like youre doing great. I bonded my first 2 this way side by side for a few months and it was the easiest bond ever! They humped and snuggled straight away - I hope its like this for you! The fact they take comfort from each other is good!!
I hope their spays go well and good luck with the bond :D

Thank you so much Kaths101.
I will be letting you all know how theyre doing when they go in next week.
Im so scared!!!:shock:

Back