• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Spenser ...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
... he let me pick him up and cuddle him for ages. :love: Sounds nice, but it's so unlike him I'm a bit concerned. :? He looks a bit sad and uncomfortable. :( Will post again if he doesn't eat his evening pellets/veg. Desperately hoping I'm being paranoid.

Sending nommy vibes to you Susie for Spencer.

Get nomming little man, mummy needs to see you eat/poop!

Thanks, I'm so worried, and I have to tutor tonight 6.30-7.30pm. :( He gets fed about 6pm, so fingers crossed.

aww hope he's ok and just loving his mummy!!
Is he laying flat? When mine have been under the weather they lay flat and sort of fidget about! hope hes ok x

Aww hope he's ok :( is it raining where you are? It's raining here and my lot always seem a bit deflated when it rains

No interest in pellets. :( I have put him back in the hutch and will try him with his fresh veg soon (I keep it in the fridge but let it come up to room temp before giving it to him).

aww hope he's ok and just loving his mummy!!
Is he laying flat? When mine have been under the weather they lay flat and sort of fidget about! hope hes ok x

He's not laying flat, just sort of hunched up. He was fine this morning - gobbled his pellets. He refused a green bean leaf this afternoon, but I just put this down to my having rather rudely interrupted his afternoon doze!

Aw, Spenser - start eating for mummy!

Will he let you gently rub his tummy?

Also, can you get him to run around a bit - if he has a bit of gas that will help to shift it.

Aw, Spenser - start eating for mummy!

Will he let you gently rub his tummy?

Also, can you get him to run around a bit - if he has a bit of gas that will help to shift it.

This ^^^ - recently Mittens had a no eating episode and I gave her tummy some rubs and it worked, get him moving - that will dislodge any gas..
Have you tried his favs? can you wet some dandelion - that usually works for mine and gets some fluids into them too..

Vibes for Spenser

I hate to say it but if he is refusing his favourite foods it would be better to get him your normal vet now than end up having to take him to the emergency vet later. Is there any way you can postpone your lesson or get someone to take him for you?

I hate to say it but if he is refusing his favourite foods it would be better to get him your normal vet now than end up having to take him to the emergency vet later. Is there any way you can postpone your lesson or get someone to take him for you?

I would agree with this 100%. It is very unusual for Spenser to not eat so getting him to a vet asap would probably be best.

Sending loads of vibes for spenser.

What is his tummy like? Is it hard and hollow or really squishy? If it is hard and hollow he needs a vet straight away. Good luck xx

Oh no not Spenser!!!! Sending vibes it's just a little bit of gas and that he's fine after your lesson!!

Juts had a text to say Spenser is very poorly and they are on their way to the emergency vet :cry::cry:

Please could you send loads of vibes for Spenser and Susan as he means such an awful lot to her. Thanks

Back