• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Insurance, who has it?

mattyp

Warren Veteran
I've recently insured my rabbit Maisie and it cost us just over £100! I was just wondering if anyone here has insurance for their rabbit? and if they have more than one if they insurance them as well?

And does anyone know if you insure two rabbits what kind of discount you get on the second?

I've recently insured my rabbit Maisie and it cost us just over £100! I was just wondering if anyone here has insurance for their rabbit? and if they have more than one if they insurance them as well?

And does anyone know if you insure two rabbits what kind of discount you get on the second?

~£10/mo is the average cost from what i've seen.

I'll be insuring my pair next month :)

yup id never keep a bun without it :D:D petplan have paid 3x (probably more) the amount out on the cost of the insurance with my buns in 3 years :shock::shock:

I recently insured 2 of mine with Pet Plan (wouldn't take on the 3rd as he's 7). It's about £24 a month.

Yes all four of my buns are insured with PetPlan, they give the best insurance in my opinion. You do get a small "multi-pet" discount but it's only 10% or 20% or something like that on the extra rabbits.

I had to claim for £320 recently and PetPlan paid out the full amount (minus the excess) within a few weeks. I am a satisfied customer. Even though if you add up all the payments I have made so far I will have paid more than I have claimed I still think it's definately worth it incase something bad happens again. Vets are very expensive!

I've insured sooty with petplan too, so far ive payed in more than I've got out of it but it's well worth it just in case I ever run into expensive bills,

:wave: Yeah insured our two yesturday, better to be safe than sorry :) Although i had a little trouble doing as seems no one has continental giants on there list :? Seems we got a good deal though as its £12.98 for both :D

Mine is £36 for 4 buns, I wouldnt be without it either, though be aware they do not pay out for dentals- which is the only thing my buns have had so far :roll::lol: ooo i did have to pay £300 once for Charlie to have an overnight stay at the emergency vets on a bank holiday!!! after that I insured all my buns - you can rack up into the hundreds soooo easily. You did the right thing!

I pay £45 for four bunnies with Petplan. Recently insured after a major health scare with one of my bunnies that cost me about £1000 :shock::shock:

I pay £45 for four bunnies with Petplan. Recently insured after a major health scare with one of my bunnies that cost me about £1000 :shock::shock:

eeeek!!!!
Thats why I insure i would hate to be in the situation where one of mine was very ill and I couldnt pay for it! :(

~£10/mo is the average cost from what i've seen.

I'll be insuring my pair next month :)

That very good!:D I was quoted £25 p/mth for my 2 - cant afford that every month at the moment.

I heard they work out the costs on where you live...:?

Who did you get a quote with?

Mine is £36 for 4 buns, I wouldnt be without it either, though be aware they do not pay out for dentals- which is the only thing my buns have had so far :roll::lol: ooo i did have to pay £300 once for Charlie to have an overnight stay at the emergency vets on a bank holiday!!! after that I insured all my buns - you can rack up into the hundreds soooo easily. You did the right thing!

When I contacted Pet Plan they said they did cover dentals - but teeth have to be checked annually (provided, of course, they hadn't had any dental problems prior to taking out the insurance). You've got me worried now.

with my two being 4 years old, they're insured on Petplan, just under £24 a month for the pair.

I think they don't cover dental rasping/burring/cutting, but will cover more serious dental work. It said something like that in the small print.

When I contacted Pet Plan they said they did cover dentals - but teeth have to be checked annually (provided, of course, they hadn't had any dental problems prior to taking out the insurance). You've got me worried now.

I have my 4 covered with Petplan. Blackie has had a dental, therefore on his certificate he is excluded from dental cover. Blackie, Dan & Clo all have exclusions for stasis. The certificates tell you on the back if there are exclusions for pre-existing conditions.

Both of mine are insured with PetPlan for around £12 each per month (not sure of exact figure down to the pence)

Recently had a vet bill amounting to £1,600 in the space of a single week.

Very glad for insurance... :shock: Would never be without it now!

Both of mine are insured with PetPlan for around £12 each per month (not sure of exact figure down to the pence)

Recently had a vet bill amounting to £1,600 in the space of a single week.

Very glad for insurance... :shock: Would never be without it now!

WOW did Petplan pay it ok?? Do you have to pay first then petplan pay you? thats worries me!!

Back