• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can't take photos of my bunny!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I was taking photos of Spenser in his run last night, and put the camera down on a bench to pet him. That was fine, but I forgot to pick it up again ... and it was rather wet last night. :( Consequently the camera is dead. :( I'd had it for 5 years and it only had 3.5 of those pixel things so it is not so bad as it might have been. :? Still, annoying enough.

:( sorry Susie, have you tried leaving it switched off in the airing cupboard for a while to dry it out?

If you've tried turning it on already, it may have shorted, in which case there may be not a lot of hope, but if you havent, try the airing cupbaord.

WOrks well with laptops ;)

The picture you used for my teeshirt and recent prizes :D:D:D:D was actually taken by my friend's super-dooper new camera. The ones of Spenser in the book were taken by mine though.

:( sorry Susie, have you tried leaving it switched off in the airing cupboard for a while to dry it out?

If you've tried turning it on already, it may have shorted, in which case there may be not a lot of hope, but if you havent, try the airing cupbaord.

WOrks well with laptops ;)

Should have told you before my Dad. It has been opened, poked, prodded and all manner of things. No doubt Spenser will do all sorts of things I want to photograph in the next few days. I may just go out tomorrow and buy a new one. I just want a wee cheap one. :wave:

Should have told you before my Dad. It has been opened, poked, prodded and all manner of things. No doubt Spenser will do all sorts of things I want to photograph in the next few days. I may just go out tomorrow and buy a new one. I just want a wee cheap one. :wave:

Whats your budget? Maybe we can suggest a cheapish one for you :)

Even if you go buy a new one I'd still take the battery out, stick it in a tub of rice and put it in the airing cupboard for a week, like graham said.
There's always a chance it will start working again. Even if it has been turned on it's not guarantee it's shorted, sometimes things just need a good chance to dry out.

Whats your budget? Maybe we can suggest a cheapish one for you :)

My main reason for wanting a wee cheap one is, of course, I spend rather a lot of money on Spenser. The other, also important reason, is that I am pretty useless with anything technical. I also have a five year old mobile phone! I would probably do best with a wee pink one designed for little girls. :lol::lol::lol:

As many of you know, I had a much more serious problem than a dead camera last night - a poorly bunny in stasis. :(:(:( Spenser seems to be on the mend, and my camera appears to have dried out. :) Dad took a photo of me looking wrecked this morning - I certainly won't be posting it. :lol:

I can't take photos either. And if I do, most end up like this;
035-5.jpg

:roll::lol:

On a more serious note, Im glad Spenser is feeling better and your camera appears to be ok now :)

Back