• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Busty Barbara has had to have her neuter/dental cancelled

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:( She just isn't well enough.

At the weekend her nose became wet and by yesterday her breathing was rattling and this morning there was a lot of discharge. She is now on antibiotics and Metacam for inflammation as unfortunately it is on her lungs. The vet thinks there is a high chance we will never be able to risk neutering her :( Thankfully her teeth are just a bit uneven with no real spurs so they were only having a tidy while she was under. But we did want to get x-rays taken as we think she has root issues. She is unable to eat hay or hard veg like carrot :?

We also discovered last week that she has really sore hocks, hardly surprising considering the conditions she was kept in :(

Babs has also had fluids and metaclopramide etc to try to encourge her to eat a bit more.

I think the myxi jab has really knocked her immune system and let underlying issues come to the surface :( Such a shame if she can't be neutered as it means her huge dewlap will stay the same size and it makes it really hard for her to walk.

We also have Sinbad back at the vets Friday as he is now displaying more health problems :( However his personality is really shinning through and he loves a morning cuddle :love:

Sorry to hear about Babs and Sinbad. :(:( It's not surprising they have problems, but they are in a good place now. What sort of food can Babs manage to eat? I would love a morning cuddle from Sinbad. :love:

Aw, poor Babs. I'm guessing if she is not safe for a spay, its the GA that's the risk, which also removes the possibility of a dewlapectomy (or whatever the correct term is for that).

Poor girlie :( Its just such a relief she is with you!

Its because her lungs are affected that any GA is a no no at the moment. we are reassessing in a few weeks but it is possible her lungs may be permanently damaged.

She is managing to eat her old mix and will force down a few SS pellets. She loves spring green and Kale and recently manged to eat a bit of grated carrot.

Hopefully the metacam for the lung inflammation will also help with any tooth and foot pain :)

sorry to hear about them both being ill, i was only wondering yesterday what was happening with barbs after seeing another rabbit with a big dewlap

Oh no :( At least she is in such experienced caring hands Liz, you really do have a heart of gold, you and Steve are just incrediable, a true inspiration xxx

Poor Babs :cry: I hope the meds help her to feel more comfortable.

I am now off to search Sinbad as I seem to have missed him. I hope that if he does have more health problems they are treatable xx

Sorry to hear that Busty Barbara is unwell. I hope she recovers soon and I hope that she can one day be neutered, poor wee girl.
Thats also sad that she cant eat hay or hard veggies :(
Vibes for BB. x

Poor Babs :cry: I hope the meds help her to feel more comfortable.

I am now off to search Sinbad as I seem to have missed him. I hope that if he does have more health problems they are treatable xx

He was in pics and stories a few weeks back :) I am hoping we can get some bloods done on Friday as he is drinking over 2 bowls of water a day and weeing for England :( If he behaves like his last trip though it will be impossible and due to other health problems he can;t be sedated at the moment :?

Just to add, Mini mouse is also at the vets Friday because of her claws falling out and a problem with one of her eyes and Dave is also booked in. I am seriously worried about him. He is displaying some very bizarre bahaviour when he is drinking. i have never seen anything like it :( However he seems fine the rest on the time. i have managed to record his behaviour as it wont happen at the vets so hopefully that will help with a possible diagnosis.

I would like to post the video on here but have no idea how to do it :?

Oh no Liz you are having a rotten time of it aren't you :(

You can upload videos to photobucket in exactly the same way as you do photos :)

Oh no Liz you are having a rotten time of it aren't you :(

You can upload videos to photobucket in exactly the same way as you do photos :)

Thanks Alison, but I haven't worked out how to get the video actually on the computer from the disc yet :oops::lol:

Aaaah I see! No idea then, sorry :lol:

How are the very lovely Bic, Biro and Berol doing now?

Aaaah I see! No idea then, sorry :lol:

How are the very lovely Bic, Biro and Berol doing now?

They are lively enough, the babies have been tearing round the garden today :love: But Berols breathing is still noisy and I am also concerned about Bics lack of interest in food and over interest in the water bowl :? Certainly isn't affecting his binkies though :D

Thanks Alison, but I haven't worked out how to get the video actually on the computer from the disc yet :oops::lol:

What's it on at the minute - the memory card from a camera, or a CD, or what?

Sorry about all your poorly bunnies :( Do they have any idea what might be causing Mini Mouse's claw loss?

What's it on at the minute - the memory card from a camera, or a CD, or what?

Sorry about all your poorly bunnies :( Do they have any idea what might be causing Mini Mouse's claw loss?

Mini is at the vets on Friday with Dave and Sinbad :)

Its on one of those little dvds that go in the camcorder :wave:

oh no - thats aweful.....am thinking of you & those gorgeous little bundles....do hope they all recover gradually.....:cry:

Back