• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit size?

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
Is there any such thing as 'normal' - obviously it depends on breeds etc.

I've just measured and weighed Lucky - he is about18-19 inches long when fully stretched out and about 4.8lbs. Does this sound ok?

I think he's quite small as our last 2 were huuuuge (but different breeds).

Just under 2.2Kg's in weight then and 1.5 feet in length, roughly speaking.

Biccy is Just under 2Kg's in weight and at FULL stretch i've now measured him to be just shy of 2 feet in length.

So i think, you have a 'normal' rabbit :)

Biscuit is a Mini-Lop for breed comparison btw. :wave:

Thanks Graham. :D

It's really hard to measure a fully stretched out bunny isnt it?

I did the 'lay on the floor besides him and wriggle over bit by bit' technique and then slowly rolled out the tape measure. Just before i put the measure up against him he's flying through the air over my head. It was almost like a game - we did it 4 or 5 times before i gave up on a guestimate! :lol:

I've come to work all covered in rabbit fluff as he's moulting and Amie must have the sticky roll thing in her pit of a bedroom. :oops:

Ah well - i usually have hay hanging off me too. :lol:

Ah well - i usually have hay hanging off me too. :lol:

Lol, it wasn't until lunchtime the other day that i noticed bits of straw stuck to the knees of my opaque tights :oops::lol: luckily i'm sat down all day so dont think anyone noticed :lol:

Back