• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering UD POST 14

Hiya, I can really only go off how my Rascal was when he was done but I'll try and help.

Bunnies can't control their body temp after a GA so keep them indoors for a couple of days if they're not already house bunnies anyway!

Its important to get them eating and drinking after a GA so have lots of their fave treats on hand, erm, some bunnies find it easier to drink out of a bowl rather than a bottle if they're not feeling 100%.

I used fleece as bedding instead of hay because it can irritate their wound if they lie on it..... I put just megazorb in Rascals litter tray and had a hay manger over the top of it.

Rascal bounced back pretty quickly from his neuter, he was quiet for a few hours but was soon back to his normal self.

Good luck with it all ........ am sure your boys will be fine.

Jo x

:wave:Rory was neutered recently, I was actually surprised by how quickly he recovered. He ate, drank and pooed OK, so this was a relief to see, and what I was keeping an eye on!:D

I made sure he had a soft blanket to sit and sleep on, as I knew he would be feeling a little sore and tender!:(

I also moved his hutch to where I knew he would get some extra warmth.

Good luck wishes for the buns!:D

There's an article on my webiste (link in my sig, under 'rabbit info articles') about neutering and spaying your rabbit and that should be of use :)

Boys usually bounce back pretty fast its the poor girls that siffer the most.
Just keep them warm (a heat pad or warm water bottle is nice for them) and get lots of their favourite foods ready to tempt them with. Oh and take a 'lunch box' of food and hay to tge vets with them so they can be offered it straight away.
My boy Max is getting done tommorrow too! Good luck for your 2 xxx

The boys have been delivered to the vet....

I sent them with packed lunch - thier fav greens and some naughty extra pellets ;)

Depending on what the vet says later - I will move the hutch tonight and cover with extra blankets extra - If they have to come in... I think it will be the bath!! :D:lol:

The boys have been delivered to the vet....

I sent them with packed lunch - thier fav greens and some naughty extra pellets ;)

Depending on what the vet says later - I will move the hutch tonight and cover with extra blankets extra - If they have to come in... I think it will be the bath!! :D:lol:

Keep us posted! One of my many reasons for hedging on the neutering question is how on earth I would manage aftercare as Spenser is very much an outdoor bun, and lives in a hutch rather than a shed! :wave: The packed lunch sounds good.

Good luck for today for the furry teabag removals!

Hope all goes well - lots of post-op nomming vibes.

They are home and in an indoor cage ( thanks to Georgiepudding :D).

They have nibbled on some hay..... but thats its - god I'm nervous!!!

Back