• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

delete

Hey, don't feel stupid - lots of didn't know enough about rabbits before we came here :wave:

Your bunnies will take time getting used to you. They may not have been handled enough as babies. Just take time to sit with them, and let them approach you :)

Hi

Relax. You have done nothing wrong except take advice from someone you thought should know the best care. It sounds like they are in a brilliant loving home so try not to worry.

I think they would benefit from a run attached to their hutch but make sure you take your time and get a good quality one so it's predator proof.

It's normal for rabbits which haven't had much human interaction to be scared, they just need time. Try getting down to their level and hand feeding them, that normally does the trick.

The main thing is they are in a loving home with people who are trying to do what's best for them. Do some reading on here which will hopefully confirm to you that you are doing things right and where you think you can improve I'm sure you will find great advice.

Some pics of your little guys would be good to :wave:

Thanks for your answers - I so want to get things right for these buns, I cannot step over a run so need a walk in one, I have to add animals are a huge part of my life so when I get things wrong I do beat myself up about it.

Would you be able to get an aviary at some point? I love mine :love: It's great being able to get in with the buns! Or a shed for them to live in?

Welcome to the forum. I think all of us on here that now have years of bunny experience ALL made some horrendous mistakes in our early days. My first bunny came from a breeder, lived in a 3 ft hutch and wasn't neutered or vaccinated :roll:.

The thing is, you've taken the trouble to learn the right way to do it so give yourself a huge pat on the back. And now you've found RU, you'll soon be getting excited about bunny poo and different types of hay :lol::lol:. You'll get lots of great advice here and we all want what's best for your bunnies. Hang in there - it'll get better.

I would honestly check that the male is definatly neutered... if this breeder has done other things wrong id worry they were gonna try and use you to get free babys from

I would honestly check that the male is definatly neutered... if this breeder has done other things wrong id worry they were gonna try and use you to get free babys from

I phoned the breeders vet to make the payment and he does look like he has been neutered

Aww they are lovely!! :love::love::love:

I wouldnt worry about the breeder. I got Pie from a very well known breeder in Kent and had her on shavings for over 6 months (couldnt afford to change so had to use it all), she was fine (was well ventilated) but she only used it to wee on.
I hope you like it on RU, everyone here is very helpful with any problems you have (bunny related or not!) :wave:

Hi your bunnies are very cute. As someone said, we've all made mistakes, but the important thing is that you care enough to want to do the right thing :D

hello! don't worry. and don't be ashamed. everyone starts off by not knowing stuff. my bunnies have much better lives than they did before RU, and i thought i was doing fairly well even then! stick around and don't feel too down about things.

You started by doing the right thing taking a couple instead of a single bunny. :wave:
None of the things you label as mistakes seems too serious to me and all can be fixed. Wood shavings apparently can cause respiratory problems but there are many people who use them without adverse consequences.
And your buns are gorgeous!

Oh - don't beat yourself up about this! Your buns are so lucky to have an owner who cares so much. Little mistakes are easily rectified and at least they are not with someone who doesn't even care enough to find out what's best for them.
x

Back