• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just wondered- Those of you who are exclusively rabbit owners...

Siân_Siâney

Warren Scout
...Was this a conscious choice as they are the only pet for you? Or is it down to necessity?

I was pet-less for some years before getting Rory and Suki, but had already decided when we were in a position to have them again, that we would opt for rabbits.

I think that allot of the time they are overlooked as pets. I find them to be loving and sociable, entertaining to watch and intelligent.

( I get a bit peeved when people who have never even owned a rabbit, make comments about them all being the same and boring!! )

I think even when we do eventually move, I would rather get ( or adopt ) another rabbit! I had my first bunny at a very tender age and they have always been my number one choice, as much as I loved my other pets. I have the softest spot for them!!:love:

So how have you ended up with bunnies only?

Thanks!:wave:

I would have got a cat, but my husband is scared of them!! He used to have rabbits when younger, I really wanted a pet so he suggested a rabbit, I didn't know much about them but agreed; and now I think they are my animal of choice, like you! I also find them intelligent, funny and sociable. I also like budgies a lot, for the same reasons actually!

I would have got a cat, but my husband is scared of them!! He used to have rabbits when younger, I really wanted a pet so he suggested a rabbit, I didn't know much about them but agreed; and now I think they are my animal of choice, like you! I also find them intelligent, funny and sociable. I also like budgies a lot, for the same reasons actually!

Hi Kareena!:wave:

Oh dear, so your hubby is nervous of cats! I have had boyfriends in the past who were a little less than enthusiastic about the cats I had at the time!:lol:

Ahhhh, yes, rabbits are so darn cute, how can they not become the pet of choice!?;)

Always bunnys, nothing else.

Only ever had them as a littlen (feels so long ago LOL)...now would never ever be without a bunny or two :)

Parents wouldnt let me have any indoor pets, so i never had anything inside, just outdoor buns. Now i have my own place, we saw Biscuit, fell in love, bought from garden centre (i know i know, i was naieve!) and so thats from then to now...

I had a variety of pets growing up, and I live with my parents who have a cat, but the bunnies are mine. I only have rabbits. I personally just 'get' them and understand them on a level I've never understood anything or anyone else (of course, I also know more about them than anything else).

I also owe it to my beautiful boy Flash to carry on and honour his memory by helping others in his memory.

Other animals do interest me, but I fear I would fail them.

Just bunnies. I love other animals but I dont know enough about their neeeds to go for it and there are so many rabbits in need, and also rabbits to me are just the best! They are so cool and complex and beautiful in every way. I have never ever seen a rabbit I didnt like.

I would consider other animals in the future but would have to not work and have a higher income (how would that work! :lol:) with more space than I do now.

But really its rabbits all the way for me. I love everything about them. If I had the space, time and money I would have a whole load. :D

at some point in the future i will only have rabbits. i have a feeling that ste wont be able to be dogless after we lose ralph so we will probably have a dog too, but my choice would be rabbits only.

I had a variety of pets growing up, and I live with my parents who have a cat, but the bunnies are mine. I only have rabbits. I personally just 'get' them and understand them on a level I've never understood anything or anyone else (of course, I also know more about them than anything else).

I also owe it to my beautiful boy Flash to carry on and honour his memory by helping others in his memory.

Other animals do interest me, but I fear I would fail them.

I know what you mean about 'getting' them, even if it's not the easiest thing to explain.

I think it's down to their nature, soft and gentle yet clever and able to let you know when it's a -nuh huh- moment!:D

If I had the space, time and money I would have a whole load. :D

That would be my idea of heaven!:D

Once we do move move on, I really want to adopt. It's great getting baby bunnies as they are....well....just so sweet!:love:

But I like the idea of having a rabbit that hasn't been shown any love and fuss it to within an inch of it's life! Make sure it's happy and well and feels safe.:love:

I've always had cats (still do). Didn't have rabbits till quite 'late in life'. Have been keeping them for about 12 yrs (have had as many as 5, but now just 3). Love them!

I'm incapable of sticking to just one kind of animal, which is a pain, as it means it's hard to keep the numbers down. At one stage I had 2 bunnies, 3 piggies, 3 mice and 2 spiny mice, which was really a bit too many, when all of them were ill at the same time!

I've got very low numbers now, but I need to be very careful in the future not to go too far.

I have always only ever had bunnies and a cockatiel! My OH is allergic to cats and dogs but is strangely fine with bunnies.

I love that they all have different personalities and i find it hugely rewarding trying to gain their trust. They are also supercute :love::love: and love snuggles

I've always had cats (still do). Didn't have rabbits till quite 'late in life'. Have been keeping them for about 12 yrs (have had as many as 5, but now just 3). Love them!

I haven't had cats for many many years. At the most I had four! :D

I had already taken two 3 year old cats off of a friend, then years later two young kittens but then discovered I was pregnant and gave them away as they were just wild! Then my beautiful Seal Point Siamese ( Henry ) developed Cancer and had to be put to sleep.

The remaining cat, my half Siamese Moss, went on to live for another couple of years, but when he passed. I decided on getting rabbits again.

And it's been bunnies ever since!:D

I'm incapable of sticking to just one kind of animal, which is a pain, as it means it's hard to keep the numbers down. At one stage I had 2 bunnies, 3 piggies, 3 mice and 2 spiny mice, which was really a bit too many, when all of them were ill at the same time!

I've got very low numbers now, but I need to be very careful in the future not to go too far.

It's hard not to have the old heart strings pulled at thought isn't it! I am just useless like that!:lol:

My hubby has to pull me away from the rabbit section in pet shops, there's always one that stands out from all the others and makes me melt!:love:

I have always only ever had bunnies and a cockatiel! My OH is allergic to cats and dogs but is strangely fine with bunnies.

I love that they all have different personalities and i find it hugely rewarding trying to gain their trust. They are also supercute :love::love: and love snuggles

Oddly, though I had cats for a few years, I am now quite alergic to them!:(

I also have asthma and they set me off really badly! Rabbits, I have no trouble with....thankfully! Phew!:lol:

When I was younger I kept two buns, this was at differnt times, I have kept hammies, mice, cat, and various stray doggies have found their way into my mum and dads hearts :love:

Since I have been an adult I have had Bobby and Carlo (my buns) in my own home, and just wouldn't look back, ian doesn't really "Do" cats, and our house is too small for a dog, which would be his preference.

Ian actually got me Bobby for a surprise he had known for weeks we were getting her :love:

When I was younger I kept two buns, this was at differnt times, I have kept hammies, mice, cat, and various stray doggies have found their way into my mum and dads hearts :love:

Since I have been an adult I have had Bobby and Carlo (my buns) in my own home, and just wouldn't look back, ian doesn't really "Do" cats, and our house is too small for a dog, which would be his preference.

Ian actually got me Bobby for a surprise he had known for weeks we were getting her :love:

I started off with one myself, as a youngster ( hundreds of years ago! ) but then always had two.

So you have had your hands full at times caring for your lucky finds!:D:thumb:

I started off with one myself, as a youngster ( hundreds of years ago! ) but then always had two.

So you have had your hands full at times caring for your lucky finds!:D:thumb:

Yeah my mum is such a softy, we used to have people literally leaving dogs on her doorstep, or begging and crying that we could look after the poor things as they couldn't anymore.

We had a Standard poodle keep coming back to our garden, we put posters up, informed the police, but no one ever came forward:( I can think of at least 4 diff dogs that we aquired at diff times. Some went back to their owners when they sorted themselves out, but we ended up keeping a couple

Back