• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shopping List for The Hay Experts...what shall i buy?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys,

What do you commonly buy from the above?

I want to get some treats/toys for Biccy / Ginger's new home so they are totally neutral and throw away all the old things that just Biscuit has, as i don't think i can clean them all that well.

I'm going to get some Fenugreek Crunchies for sure, but what else shall i buy?

About £20-£30 budget :)

Thanks

I buy loads of toys and Herbie & Inca never bother with them!

Surely if you keep a hold of Biscuits old toys, it will be fine to put them back in once the two of them are bonded.

I buy loads of toys and Herbie & Inca never bother with them!

Surely if you keep a hold of Biscuits old toys, it will be fine to put them back in once the two of them are bonded.

I'm just scared that if i don't clean them properly the bond would break down if i missed :(

My two love carrot woodrolls : https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Toy...ll.222.html?osCsid=gf28db12jrnskbtdfd5asnkt06

Chill n chew mats : https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Toy...at.467.html?osCsid=gf28db12jrnskbtdfd5asnkt06

And lounging logs : https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Toy...ge.237.html?osCsid=gf28db12jrnskbtdfd5asnkt06

They also love their treat balls, tunnels and garden pots to sit in (but none of those were from the hay experts)!

Also from the hay experts, food-wise my two love the oat wheat and barley hay, carrotys, fenugreek crunchies and dried herbs.

HTH, Jo

i always get burns green oat hay, they love it. also oxbow oat hay and timothy hay, and sometimes botanical aswell. always get dried herbs. they have coneflower, coltsfoot, dandelion, ginko plus and jerusalem artichoke and love them. coneflower is bisc's favourite and matts favourite is the coltsfoot. :wave:

I'm just scared that if i don't clean them properly the bond would break down if i missed :(

I'm with you on that Gray, it may sound a bit para but I'm binning most of Dizzi n Rascal's old stuff too (except for bowls etc that are easy to properly clean) .... I would hate after all this bonding for one of them to get territorial over an item that used to be just theirs!

I'm with you on that Gray, it may sound excessive but I'm binning most of Dizzi n Rascal's old stuff too (except for bowls/treat balls etc that are easy to properly clean) .... I would hate after all this bonding for one of them to get territorial over an item that used to be just theirs!

Better to be safe then i suppose.

I always get Oat, Wheat & Barley hay & Timothy hay from Oxbow, and Burns green oat hay, and then different treats from the Naturals Range.

My two don't really "do" toys, but they do love the willow ball with the hay inside it, and the tunnels made from hay too. They also took great pleasure in destroying one of those mats :roll::lol:

xxx

Agree with the above folks

Lounging logs are good quality ones and our lot love them

Fenugreek Crunchies

Oat Wheat and Barley Hay

Burns Green Oat hay

The Bunny Rattles are fab (and hand made by a lovely lady in the US) https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Toys+%252526+Fun+Things.6/Bunny+Rattle.7.html?osCsid=gf28db12jrnskbtdfd5asnkt06

The Carrot Woodrolls keep our lot amused for hours....

I also like the different grow your own - lots of grasses and they keep coming!

I do think though that you could keep your old toys and just reintroduce when have had your buns bonded a while. I always do and touchwood haven't had a problem yet.

Enjoy your shopping! Your buns surely will when it arrives.

Weave-a-Balls :love: My two go nuts for them, demolished in the space of a few hours but during that time well worth the price for a toy & treat in one :D

Burns green oat hay definately! And readi-grass.

I got some grow your own timothy grass with my last order :) I'm not great with plants though so no doubt I'll fail at that terribly!! :lol:

This thread is too tempting! I really wanna buy stuff from there now.. but I really shouldn't as I'm a poor student :lol: and already spent a fortune on my little dude :love: Maybe a few things ;)

Mine love their tunnels and also their chill n chew mat. Its more of a chill n chew coaster now! Time for a new one me thinks ( plus lots of new things to spoil Max with ;)
Oh also you can buy critical care off there so is always worth having some of that in xxxxx

I wouldn't buy readigrass from there it's £1.95 a bag at Hutchinsons where I live (sells horse feed, hay bales etc) so if you look around you'll find it.

Defo get burns green oat, burns dried dandelion and plantain for when your buns have bouts of stasis.

Toys the pink wooden bunny rattles are wonderful as are the pink and purple giant chew tunnels, the willow rings at £1.49 are a bargain too.

Okay, so until PayDay (last day of month)

I've bought the following:
  • Fenugreek Crunchies
  • Readigrass
  • Chube (Giant!)
  • Grassy Carrot
  • Hay Sample Pack (Oxbow)

But i didn't order from THE, but from Animal Magic, as im aware they give 5% to local rescues and i got 15% off my first order :)

None of this will be used until bonding has done, so its all new for them in a new area :)

The Duchess - i'll keep the toys that can be washed then and see what we can do and decide to use them later if i wish :)

Back