• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cleaning wooden hutch

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
What would you use to clean a wooden hutch and get rid of the smell of wee wee? :lol:

I'm going to be selling my hutches soon, just need to give them a paint and some new hinges but the upstairs bed compartment smells a bit. They have used litter trays downstairs in the run so it's not like it's been soaked or anything but I think Dexter had the odd spray round upstairs :roll::roll::roll:
Usually I'd just clean with hot water and a tiny bit of Fairy liquid then spray with pet disinfectant but is there a more effect way of doing it to remove odour?

You could also fit some new lino on the floors. I've found this really smartens them up and seems to attract more interest (& money ;) )

i'll try some vinegar then. Can't see me getting round to shopping for lino and fitting it. It's going to take all my time to sand them down, repaint them and repair the hinges! Not easy when you've got a toddler who is in to everything :?

i'll try some vinegar then. Can't see me getting round to shopping for lino and fitting it. It's going to take all my time to sand them down, repaint them and repair the hinges! Not easy when you've got a toddler who is in to everything :?

How come your selling them?

we're moving house and don't have enough room in the garden for them. The paved area is only small and if we make it bigger there will be less grass for when they are out in the run.

Ah right,Where will they be living then? You moving far?

Ah right,Where will they be living then? You moving far?

not far, only 5 miles down the road. I'll be getting them a double decker hutch, 5ft wide and 2 ft deep so it can sit on the path. The hutches at the moment sit on a 5ft by 4ft run which wouldn't fit. They spend a lot of the time in the runs anyway so it shouldn't matter too much.

Back