• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The budding signs of bunny love? I hope so!

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
049.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

Spot Wish!
056.jpg

061.jpg

How much grass can I fit in my mouth?
069.jpg

073.jpg

076.jpg

079.jpg

Autumn pulling yet another ridiculous face
083.jpg

089.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

096.jpg

110.jpg

112.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

Sky-O!!!!

They look soooooooo gorgeous together, that looks so very promising! :love::love::love::love::love:

And HOW MUCH DOES WISH WANT IN HER MOUTH?! lol - she must of been very hungry!

Autumn does look like he's squashing her in one of those pictures, i never realised quite how tiny liccle Wish was.

I have such a sweet spot for her :oops::love:

They are both very good looking and look very happy!

:wave: Thought you might get first reply to this :lol:

All that grass went in, would you believe!

She is half his size and he is a basic, average, pinheaded dwarf lop. She's 1.2kg, he's 2.3kg. He does look massive next to her. Equally, when you see her with such a 'normal' rabbit her features, physique and stature look more 'wrong'.

She seems to like him a lot, which is great. He is still learning he is not a person, but a bunny and is a bit warey of this funny small thing with long, long ears that keeps following him around. He'd far rather be with me :lol: He'll get it though and it will be great for them both if/when it works. They did three and a half hours yesterday which far exceeded my hopes, so I'm chuffed about that.

He has no awareness of bunnies so just climbs over them as he would objects, but she doesn't mind and quite happily nestled under him which was cute. I think she has missed company. Since being next to him in the run I don't recall seeing her bury herself in the hay, which is interesting. Soon she'll just be able to bury herself in him :lol:

Sorry :oops: I see you post and i always think about Wish. I think i should let someone else get first posts occasionally, but with her, i just can't help myself :oops::oops::oops::roll: :wave:

Does Autumn suffer from some kind of psychological disorder, or is he just silly and doesn't understand the idea of 'rabbits' ?

3.5hours is good for their 2nd meeting (its only the 2nd you've posted about anyway!) :)

Maybe what Wish was craving was bunny attention, as you say she hasn't hidden herself away in hay ever since she's been near him? I think that's totally adorable :love:

As you say, he's big enough for her to hide in, in the future :lol:

Maybe he could give her a bunny back? (like a piggy back!) :wave:

Thanks guys :D

Sorry :oops: I see you post and i always think about Wish. I think i should let someone else get first posts occasionally, but with her, i just can't help myself :oops::oops::oops::roll: :wave:

Does Autumn suffer from some kind of psychological disorder, or is he just silly and doesn't understand the idea of 'rabbits' ?

3.5hours is good for their 2nd meeting (its only the 2nd you've posted about anyway!) :)

Maybe what Wish was craving was bunny attention, as you say she hasn't hidden herself away in hay ever since she's been near him? I think that's totally adorable :love:

As you say, he's big enough for her to hide in, in the future :lol:

Maybe he could give her a bunny back? (like a piggy back!) :wave:

Nooooooooooooo don't be sorry! I posted these because a, I wanted to share and b, know you have a soft spot for Wish. I was eagerly awaiting your reply :)

Autumn was dumped in a box with a dead litter mate at around the 3 week mark, and then came to me soon after (the RSPCA did not know how to look after him and their feeble efforts were killing him). Their skills with rabbits are learnt a lot from 3-5 weeks I believe, but the best he had was me. He never was interested in bonding with anyone else here and over winter he hurt his leg and so spent the next six months living in our living room. He just sees himself as the same as us. He thinks my dressing gown is his bonded friend and will groom it for hours (but only if I'm wearing it :lol:). He just has not yet learnt he is a bunny. He needs someone to teach him and no one here has yet been able to (but maybe because they all have uppy ears and that confused him?). He's about 14 months now so its about time he learnt some social skills :lol:

This was Autumn the day after he came (he's grown a bit :lol:). He stayed because he looked to be a dental bunny and has rumbling respiratory issues courtesy of the RSPCA.

20090830_369.jpg

Thanks guys :D

Nooooooooooooo don't be sorry! I posted these because a, I wanted to share and b, know you have a soft spot for Wish. I was eagerly awaiting your reply :)

Autumn was dumped in a box with a dead litter mate at around the 3 week mark, and then came to me soon after (the RSPCA did not know how to look after him and their feeble efforts were killing him). Their skills with rabbits are learnt a lot from 3-5 weeks I believe, but the best he had was me. He never was interested in bonding with anyone else here and over winter he hurt his leg and so spent the next six months living in our living room. He just sees himself as the same as us. He thinks my dressing gown is his bonded friend and will groom it for hours (but only if I'm wearing it :lol:). He just has not yet learnt he is a bunny. He needs someone to teach him and no one here has yet been able to (but maybe because they all have uppy ears and that confused him?). He's about 14 months now so its about time he learnt some social skills :lol:

This was Autumn the day after he came (he's grown a bit :lol:). He stayed because he looked to be a dental bunny and has rumbling respiratory issues courtesy of the RSPCA.

20090830_369.jpg

:cry: poor Autumn, bless his little fluffyness! he's adorable as a baby and very handsome as a mature bunster!

In my naievity, i always thought the RSCPA were the best people for rescused/abandoned animals, i guess i was wrong :(

That kind of explains Biscuit's fascination with my fiancee's dressing gown, but only when she wears it! He sits there licking and nibbling for ages!

Is he a dental bunny now?

:cry: poor Autumn, bless his little fluffyness! he's adorable as a baby and very handsome as a mature bunster!

In my naievity, i always thought the RSCPA were the best people for rescused/abandoned animals, i guess i was wrong :(

That kind of explains Biscuit's fascination with my fiancee's dressing gown, but only when she wears it! He sits there licking and nibbling for ages!

Is he a dental bunny now?

He was a very special and young bunny. They RSPCA can be good, but only if they have the knowledge. I don't want to say too much publicly but could share an awful lot of info with you privately:lol: Two of the staff at the centre were top notch, but Baby (as Autumn is now known) came when they had just left and they were training up new staff who seemed to be severely lacking initiative.

Looks like Biscuit thinks he already has a girlfriend. You might have an interesting trio :lol:

Nope, so far he has never needed a dental. We pulled him round from that with a good diet and I also think as his skull grew that helped his teeth.

I'm not sure if you know the member on here who took Fizz, Wish's sister? She has another bunny and we suspect that he and Autumn came from the same rubbish breeder, and are quite possibly related. He also showed teeth spikes at a young age but they came round a treat too, I believe.

He was a very special and young bunny. They RSPCA can be good, but only if they have the knowledge. I don't want to say too much publicly but could share an awful lot of info with you privately:lol: Two of the staff at the centre were top notch, but Baby (as Autumn is now known) came when they had just left and they were training up new staff who seemed to be severely lacking initiative.

Looks like Biscuit thinks he already has a girlfriend. You might have an interesting trio :lol:

Nope, so far he has never needed a dental. We pulled him round from that with a good diet and I also think as his skull grew that helped his teeth.

I'm not sure if you know the member on here who took Fizz, Wish's sister? She has another bunny and we suspect that he and Autumn came from the same rubbish breeder, and are quite possibly related. He also showed teeth spikes at a young age but they came round a treat too, I believe.

I'm so glad yuo took him on - he's definately in the right place, you rock as i've said before :)

Biccy's already in a Trio, which goes ME > FIANCEE > BISCUIT and he knows it. It's quite sad to see sometimes, as he's *REALLY* submissive to me, not so much to OH, but he'll sit next to us and if we put our heads down, he'll immediately come over and start grooming etc :love:

Im so glad Baby/Autumn isn't a dental bunny, it can't be a nice thing at all!

I have seen Fizz around on RU, was it Becky someone? Or am i getting awfully confused. I've seen Fizz though - is she a little orangey coloured bun?

I'm so glad yuo took him on - he's definately in the right place, you rock as i've said before :)

Biccy's already in a Trio, which goes ME > FIANCEE > BISCUIT and he knows it. It's quite sad to see sometimes, as he's *REALLY* submissive to me, not so much to OH, but he'll sit next to us and if we put our heads down, he'll immediately come over and start grooming etc :love:

Im so glad Baby/Autumn isn't a dental bunny, it can't be a nice thing at all!

I have seen Fizz around on RU, was it Becky someone? Or am i getting awfully confused. I've seen Fizz though - is she a little orangey coloured bun?

Oooooooooh, so you're going to end up a quad :lol:

Yeh, Fiz went to the member Becca24. She doesn't post many pics so that's probably why you haven't seen Fizz about much since she left me.

Oooooooooh, so you're going to end up a quad :lol:

Yeh, Fiz went to the member Becca24. She doesn't post many pics so that's probably why you haven't seen Fizz about much since she left me.

Well thats the plan anyway! :lol: :oops: Never realised i could bond with him as much as we have. It's amazingly rewarding. OH is the one that binkies round the living room with him, im not that crazy :oops: :lol:

Yeah i thought my memory wasn't that bad :) Glad Fizz got through it as well, i hate seeing poor bunnies with dental issues, bless them.

Kris has Willoughby atm, who had terrible teeth :( I've warned her a week in advance that she's going to get some panicky frantic PM's on Friday when Ginger goes in for her spay :roll::lol:

Well thats the plan anyway! :lol: :oops: Never realised i could bond with him as much as we have. It's amazingly rewarding. OH is the one that binkies round the living room with him, im not that crazy :oops: :lol:

Yeah i thought my memory wasn't that bad :) Glad Fizz got through it as well, i hate seeing poor bunnies with dental issues, bless them.

Kris has Willoughby atm, who had terrible teeth :( I've warned her a week in advance that she's going to get some panicky frantic PM's on Friday when Ginger goes in for her spay :roll::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:I like that! Please film and post it :D

Fizz isn't the one with dental issues, we suspect Fizz's future husbun is related to Autumn, hes the one who 'grew out of' his dental spikes the same way Autumn did.

Keep yourself busy on Friday. Its harder when you're at a distance, but hopefully all will be well.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:I like that! Please film and post it :D

Fizz isn't the one with dental issues, we suspect Fizz's future husbun is related to Autumn, hes the one who 'grew out of' his dental spikes the same way Autumn did.

Keep yourself busy on Friday. Its harder when you're at a distance, but hopefully all will be well.

OH hates being pictured/video'd so not much chance of that i'm afraid :( She did it with him again last night, was hilarious!

I will keep myself busy, but i work from home and im on RU all the time so i'll just be thinking 'bunny' all day :lol: I'm sure Kris will be fine if i keep badgering her, she can always add me to her ignore list :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry about the Fizz/Husbun dental confusion, i was replying in a rush and didnt really read properly :oops:

Is there goign to be a bit more Wish/Autumn bonding today?:love::D

Thanks Wolfette :)

They did another 3 and a half hours together no problems yesterday, which is great. I'm hoping that building it up like that will work better for them, especially as I can't yet move them in together. They both get very happy when they are together which is great.

Thanks Wolfette :)

They did another 3 and a half hours together no problems yesterday, which is great. I'm hoping that building it up like that will work better for them, especially as I can't yet move them in together. They both get very happy when they are together which is great.

Yay for Wish & Autumn!

Back