• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's a hard life being a house rabbit...*pics*

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Biscuit: Hellos RUers. I thinks its a hard lifes beings a house bunny. Daddy left the hays on the floors so i thoughts i best make sures he was putting in the goods stuffs and nom a littles as a tests.

21st01.jpg

Biscuit: its was goods but i hads to have another looks as i wasn'ts sures about one bits i founds...

21st02.jpg

Biscuit: they was eatsings so i hads to sits down and waits for attentions, pfftts! At least i hads my cushion to sits wifs!

21st04.jpg

Biscuit: *sighs* im so boreds on my owns right nows, it's such a hards life beings a wabbit! *FLOP!*

21st03.jpg

:lol: That's one of Rory's tricks, the old head in the packet as I just can't wait!

Thankfully Suki is more diginified. She just waits until she sees something in your hand and rips it out of it, damn well nearly taking you arm too!:shock::lol:

it's a good thing you're not local to me Graham!!! That's all I can say :wave::wave::wave::wave:

:lol::lol::lol: :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

I'm going to have to start using padlocks on an indoor pen? :lol:

You so remind me of someone stargrrlclaire - someone i used to know *years* ago!

:love: I want to moosh his mooshy face!

Does he have a wet nose?

:lol::lol::lol: mooshy :lol::lol::lol:

His nose is rarely wet, he gets a tiny bit damn very occasionally, but im almost certain its from drinking from a bowl rather than a bottle, as he gets a little soggy under his chin and i have to dry him off once in a while, why do you ask Sky-O?

:lol::lol::lol: :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

I'm going to have to start using padlocks on an indoor pen? :lol:

You so remind me of someone stargrrlclaire - someone i used to know *years* ago!

ooooh, who? my sis used to live in portsmouth, along with many other places! maybe you've seen her?! lol, or maybe i have a twinny! :shock: goodness, i hope there's not two of me, the world couldn't handle it!!!

yes, padlocks would be a good idea, but only if i can pick the locks :oops::oops::wave::wave::wave::wave:

:lol::lol::lol: mooshy :lol::lol::lol:

His nose is rarely wet, he gets a tiny bit damn very occasionally, but im almost certain its from drinking from a bowl rather than a bottle, as he gets a little soggy under his chin and i have to dry him off once in a while, why do you ask Sky-O?

Mooshy is a very good descriptive word for some rabbit faces :lol:

I just saw his wet nose that was all. I was going to say I didn't realise he had respiratory issues then realised that was pretty presumptious because like a hot, freshly exercised bunny can also have a wet nose like that. So that was all.

Autumn gets a wet nose very similar when he is starting his respiratory issues, even though he has no accompanying symptoms (such as sneezes, wheezes, coloured discharge, etc). Noses are of big important in our house :lol:

Mooshy is a very good descriptive word for some rabbit faces :lol:

I just saw his wet nose that was all. I was going to say I didn't realise he had respiratory issues then realised that was pretty presumptious because like a hot, freshly exercised bunny can also have a wet nose like that. So that was all.

Autumn gets a wet nose very similar when he is starting his respiratory issues, even though he has no accompanying symptoms (such as sneezes, wheezes, coloured discharge, etc). Noses are of big important in our house :lol:

Ah okay :)

His nose is normally fairly dry, but he does get a bit 'moist' shall we say after he's had a 5 minute binky mad run round the whole living room, round the pen then back out again!

I had no idea a wet nose was a sign of respiratory issues. :shock: I'll have to keep an eye on that! He has done some 'dry' sneezes in the past, but i put it down to fresh hay :roll::? :( Could it be a problem?

Ah okay :)

His nose is normally fairly dry, but he does get a bit 'moist' shall we say after he's had a 5 minute binky mad run round the whole living room, round the pen then back out again!

I had no idea a wet nose was a sign of respiratory issues. :shock: I'll have to keep an eye on that! He has done some 'dry' sneezes in the past, but i put it down to fresh hay :roll::? :( Could it be a problem?

That's pretty understandable :) That happens to most bunnies, especially in the cold.

From what you've said it doesn't sounds like a problem, but no harm in keeping an eye.

That's pretty understandable :) That happens to most bunnies, especially in the cold.

From what you've said it doesn't sounds like a problem, but no harm in keeping an eye.

I'll just keep an eye out - he's never out in the cold, what with being a house bun, but still gets a little 'shiny' after a good run, glad thats normal.

I will keep an eye on him, i've been panicking about how to do proper 'bum checks' recently, as he is NOT a picky uppy bunny, but i just do my best to have a look when i can etc...

Thanks Sky :)

Is it the picking him up bit you struggle with for bum checks?

I personally only check my vulnerable bunnies, and for the rest rely on my knowledge of their behaviour to pick it up. For some, such as my wildie, checking them every day, twice a day, or however many times a day, is just not an option.

Is it the picking him up bit you struggle with for bum checks?

I personally only check my vulnerable bunnies, and for the rest rely on my knowledge of their behaviour to pick it up. For some, such as my wildie, checking them every day, twice a day, or however many times a day, is just not an option.

Yeah, to be honest, i've only done it once and i had to put him on his back to 'trance' him. This was all before RU times and i didnt know it wasn't great to do :cry: So i haven't done it since, he struggles, scratches and bites if you have him off the floor for longer than 5 seconds. I normally get a small piece of fruit and make him periscope so i can have a little look down there, it always looks very clean and fluffy, or if he's flopped, i give him the same kind of treat and lift his tail to have a look. I try to do that once ever few (3-4) days.

I know Biccy's behaviour pretty well now, hence i can pick up on his mini-stasis/gas episodes he has occasionally. Hopefully i'd notice!

I can imagine doing it with a wildie is near on impossible!

Back