• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from South Africa, Lots of Pics!!!

cat001

Young Bun
I went to South Africa with the Uni for two weeks and have recently come back with lots of pics!

We stayed Mankwe Wildlife Reserve, did some burn management, scat analysis, learnt to track animals and identify species footprints and poo, did some transects (on foot and in car) couting the animals we saw as we went so we could learn to mathimatically work out an estimation of the number of animals on the reserve, we also went on drives on the reserve almost everyday and did some night drives too to look for the nocternal animals!

We even left Mankwe to go to predator World, Pilanesberg Game Reserve and Ann Van Dyk Cheetah Centre to see how the animals are managed differently (and to look at all the lovely animals lol). We had also set some camera traps to see the shyer animals too. It was a packed 2 weeks and I´m so glad I did it, I´m going to see if I can go again next year!

Here's a link to all my SA pics http://picasaweb.google.com/CathyBrione/SouthAfrica?authkey=Gv1sRgCOHxoOyPn-bpjQE# (hope the link works lol)

These pictures are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love: However I am really not a fan of spiders. :oops:

It looks like tons of fun. I bet you were excited to be there!

These pictures are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love: However I am really not a fan of spiders. :oops:

It looks like tons of fun. I bet you were excited to be there!

That looked amazing, however I agree there were a lot of spiders! :shock:

What was the animal in photo 96?

Spiders actually make fantastic photography subjects, because, once you look past the fangs and all they're so unique from one species to the next with such a massive variation in size shape and colour! Quite remarkable animals in their own right. #96 is a Honey Badger! :)

And yep it was barrels of fun! :D Despite the fact that we were up early every day lol

Brilliant pics! Picture 95 (i think), is it a cheetah? It looks like a chetah with almost stripes in places? Just intrigued lol :)

Brilliant pics! Picture 95 (i think), is it a cheetah? It looks like a chetah with almost stripes in places? Just intrigued lol :)

Yep, it's a Cheetah, more specifically a King Cheetah which is a cheetah with a rare gene which causes a strip pattern to form on the coat!

Back