• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some help and advice please

Daesy

Warren Scout
I broke my leg yesterday and have to use crutches for 6 weeks. I'm not going to be able to clean the rabbits out or even pick up their bowls to feed and water them.

My husband can help so they will be ok, but I usually pop out loads during the day to give them treats and strokes and i wont be able to do that now without help, will they forget me? I'm probably just freaking out a bit but I've hardly seen them today and I'm worried :(

I broke my leg yesterday and have to use crutches for 6 weeks. I'm not going to be able to clean the rabbits out or even pick up their bowls to feed and water them.

My husband can help so they will be ok, but I usually pop out loads during the day to give them treats and strokes and i wont be able to do that now without help, will they forget me? I'm probably just freaking out a bit but I've hardly seen them today and I'm worried :(

I can only speak for my two.... I don't think mine really love ME but what I do for them. Any pair of legs or hands gets the same joyful, excited attention from them. So if yours are anything like mine, sorry to say, as long as they are been well cared for, they might not even notice you're gone!!! :roll:

i agree...but if youre that worried...can you bring them during the day in a playpen near where youre siting/laying then get oh to put them to bed..clean up etc?

you are probably right, although mine do run over to me when I go in the garden, for the treats though I assume! Although they hide when new people come over, and it took me ages to get Peaches to trust me. Well, if you are right then I suppose that means that in six weeks when I am able to do the stuff for them again they will be ok with me, as long as I am feeding them!

Could you set up a webcam or cctv or anything to watch them on? You would at least know they were ok even if you couldn't interact with them as much.

Id try go & set myself up near the with snacks & drinks just so they can see you & be near you - or bring them inside to be with you now & then - I think its important to keep a bond with them.....or your OH - if he spends time fussing them etc...:D

Hope your legs ok!:shock:

Could you set up a webcam or cctv or anything to watch them on? You would at least know they were ok even if you couldn't interact with them as much.

They free range in the garden during the day so it wouldnt work. Usually I can see them from the windows but today they are nowhere to be seen and i am freaking out. I can see a loose bit of grass near the raised patio that we had fitted last week, and im so worried in case they have got under. I really need someone here to check on them, I dont know what to do :cry:

My mum is coming over in a bit anyway, so she can have a look, but if they are under there i dont know what to do to get them out

I really wish my husband was able to take a couple of days to look after me while I get used to this. I feel so useless

I hope you are feeling better soon!

I'm sure your bunnies will be ok but it must be difficult adjusting and feeling so helpless.

xx

poor you.......my daughters 26 and is in an airwalker boot...just a removable cast really after tearing ligaments and taking bits of bones with them...and a broken foot bone where it meets the ankle!!

were camped downstairs in the lounge...bertie is already down here but we had to bring merlin down here as i just couldnt cope..up down up down.....not good with epileptic attacks!!

my lounge is a doss house but nikkis close to the buns that way....its so hard to sort.

hope you have better luck.:wave:

Back