• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi im new ...........

lauramikks

New Kit
Hi im new and am the proud new owner of tink and bell, i took them on from the adoption centre at pets at home as the last owners couldnt look after them anymore, not sure what breed they are he couldnt tell me he said possiably dutch little strange they didnt no :roll:.

I am after a little advice on how i can bond with them, im not sure wether to bring them in and let them be around me for a play on the evening (is this the right thing to do). Also will they wee all over my carpet.
Especially as it is getting more wet and cant sit with them outside, only got them yesterday so havent handled them as the guy said to leave it 48hrs, but have approached the hutch to talk to them.

Any advice great appreciated.:)

WELCOME TO RU :wave:

what are they like at being handled ?

if they dont mind being picked up then dive in there and give them a cuddle ..if they are nervous then take things slowly . good idea to bring them in as long as the temperature change isnt drastic , so dont haqve your heating on ...and as long as it doesnt stress them .

get down to their level , sit on the floor and let them get used to you .
Healthy bibes ..ooops mean treats ;)..are good .. get them to take food from your hand .

just remember they are in a strange place and have already had a lot of upheavel so be prepared to be patient .. you will all need time to get to know each other .

good luck :wave:

Hellooooo and welcome! :wave:

Rabbits can be litter trained. Just keep a litter tray about and pop their poo's in there- they might soon catch on. I line Lucky's with newspaper and hay. :)

No there not neuterd, one of them is no to bad and the others little heart races and he gets all wide eyed so im guessing shes a little scared.
Should i get one of thoose metal looking pens for indoors.

Do you mean a puppy crate? I don't have an indoor bun, but hopefully someone will come along soon to advise you about accomodation. How big are the bunnies?

Hello fellow Bristolian :wave:

I'm guessing your bunnies are outdoors? Its not really advisable to bring them indoors once you start to put your central heating on as they can't cope very well with the drastic temperature changes.

Food and patience! Can you let them run into the house when they are out free ranging? I let mine in in the winter but I keep the kitchen door open. It means I freeze but at least its dry and the bunnies don't get too warm for a while and then get put out in the cold. The advice I was given was if they are out they stay out or it could be dangerous for them. You need to work hard though to keep them warm in the winter if they're to stay out.

Oh, and welcome!!! Any pictures?

Back