• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunny and Paws causing chaos! Is this the right pairing?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I've bonded sunny and paws, well i think you could say that. They were in 48 hours in an indoor hutch, only 3ft so they could bond closely. They seemed fine with each other. The odd rush of dominance.

Anyways, i've put them both outside in paws run.They are both evenly matched so it's hard to say who is more dominant. I'd probably say paws since back in his run. I left them out overnight in it.

I think they are okay with each other, but i'm not sure if they would prefer another match. They both seem to be scenting everything. They dug out of the run this morning and were running round the garden bonding through the bars with all the other buns.

Paws seemed to want to be in with ama,lily and lucy and sunny seemed to want to be in with shadow/stripe. Also it looked like ares would be happy to be friends with paws.

I'm not sure what to do now as they both seem okay with each other, just the odd dash towards each other, but nothing aggressive, just pure show. I'm in charge, then they back down, both of them to each other.

I'm wondering if another pairing would be more effective, i.e the bunnies they are drawn to go scent. They keep running up to the pens i have out and scenting the runs of the buns they seem to want to get inside with.

Any thoughts on this behavior and if another match up might be better?

Thanks xxx

Be careful about putting a newly bonded pair out in sight/smell of other rabbits...it could cause fights to break out :wave:

Thanks it did initially cause my neutered girls to go abit crazy, but they settled down after about 5 minutes or so.

They seem fine now, settled down okay thankfully :) x

Back