• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else have hutches with under-runs? Please post me some ideas- Thankyou

Ive got similar, my bunny refused using the ladder, so I had to rearrange the hutch and place him on a ground level. lol But my friend has got also similar hutch and his bunny is fine in that, but he got a bigger run in front of it.

I built a run that was 9ft x 4.5ft with a 6ft x 3ft hutch that sits on top. I'm afraid I don't have a photo at the moment though, I will probably post some after this weekend. The run was made in the style of aviary panels but a nice thick wood so that it would bear the weight of the heavy hutch. Because of the odd shape it needed an extra support stilt inside too. If it had been a 6ft x 6ft run I don't think the stilt would have been needed and it could have just sat on top of the run.

I could post photos of the hutch and panels during construction if you like, I just don't have the photo of the hutch sitting on the constructed run.

I built a run that was 9ft x 4.5ft with a 6ft x 3ft hutch that sits on top. I'm afraid I don't have a photo at the moment though, I will probably post some after this weekend. The run was made in the style of aviary panels but a nice thick wood so that it would bear the weight of the heavy hutch. Because of the odd shape it needed an extra support stilt inside too. If it had been a 6ft x 6ft run I don't think the stilt would have been needed and it could have just sat on top of the run.

I could post photos of the hutch and panels during construction if you like, I just don't have the photo of the hutch sitting on the constructed run.

That would be lovely thankyou xx

Ive got similar, my bunny refused using the ladder, so I had to rearrange the hutch and place him on a ground level. lol But my friend has got also similar hutch and his bunny is fine in that, but he got a bigger run in front of it.

That's interesting to know. Thanks for that :) x

Is that then too heavy to move around the lawn?

Yes it would be too heavy to move around the lawn. I prefer heavy and secure runs to movable ones. They can eat the rest of the lawn when they are let out for extra exercise :lol:

The hutch is 6ft x 3ft (depth) x 2.5ft (height).

hutchrab.JPG

open.JPG

The hiding area goes a bit more than 2ft deep and behind that is a ramp down into the run. The ramp is only a couple of feet long and it drops down onto a freestanding platform within the run.
inside.JPG

These are the run panels before the mesh was added
run.JPG

This is the door panel
rundoor.JPG

I will post a photo of the whole thing after the weekend if I can remember to take a photo.

Back