• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Patch is moving his mouth about as though he is uncomfortable after his dental?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Not sure if he is in pain as he seems happy enough and his eyes seem to be clearing up. I'll take him tommorow to the vets. Does this mean anything. Looks like hes licking his teeth or something?

Thanks x

Very often they will look as though they are chewing gum, when their mouths are sore, so he may well have pain. What did the vet actually do? How many teeth were treated. I think you really should ask the vet to prescribe you some pain meds for them when they've had dentals.
Didn't you say he was going to the vets for a post op check tomorrow anyway?

Very often they will look as though they are chewing gum, when their mouths are sore, so he may well have pain. What did the vet actually do? How many teeth were treated. I think you really should ask the vet to prescribe you some pain meds for them when they've had dentals.
Didn't you say he was going to the vets for a post op check tomorrow anyway?

Yes tommorow- but they said no pain relief- just antibiotics. He is definately looking like he is doing that. Bless him. He is eating fine though and drinking fine.

I'll ask for pain relief tommorow. I know it's not licenced for bunnies, is there any way i can convince them to hand it over, if they are not very forthcoming with it :) My vets don't seem to like to hand out pain relief to buns :( xx

Yes tommorow- but they said no pain relief- just antibiotics. He is definately looking like he is doing that. Bless him. He is eating fine though and drinking fine.

I'll ask for pain relief tommorow. I know it's not licenced for bunnies, is there any way i can convince them to hand it over, if they are not very forthcoming with it :) My vets don't seem to like to hand out pain relief to buns :( xx

Having a vet reluctant to prescribe pain meds for buns would have me very concerned and I would be looking for a new vet personally.

This article if you give it to them might help:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=500

Back