• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rich is so upset, think hes been crying:(

:cry: he picked me up from work at 7.40 (and was late)...oooh i was cross.

I got in the car about to have a ''pop'' and saw his face:shock:.
I said what the hell has happened, it looked like he had been crying (eyes all red, puffy, watery). My first thought was our bunnies. He said dont ask, i asked again, he wont say much other than on the way to pick me up he saw the car in front hit a rabbit:cry:. Rich stopped, the rabbit wasnt dead:cry:. He said he couldnt leave it to suffer and die. He wont talk about it any more, we stopped at the shop on the way home and he bought a few bottles of cider...he never drinks:shock:. Hes in the kitchen tinkering, hes in bits:cry:.

Just cant believe it, after me finding the cat and now this:cry::cry:

he should be proud of himself for not leaving it to suffer after the accident..

hope he feels better tomorrow :cry::cry::cry:

What an awful experience for him. :( I don't think I would have been brave enough to help the poor rabbit out of its misery.

that was a big thing to deal with. he is strong and kind. many people would have known what was the right thing to do and not been able to do it.

Oh god, I feel for him. I would struggle mentally with that scenario :( No wonder hes upset... you know what he probably had to do, dont you?

Mike is like this and it makes me very proud of him. He would always put an animal first before his own feeling- something I'm not sure I could do.
He should be very proud of himself and glad the rabbit has no more pain.
I truely feel for him though.

What an amazing man he is. Hopefully when the initial shock of it wears off he will be able to draw some comfort that he did what he felt was in the best interests for the rabbit and that it didn't suffer. That rabbit, in that sense, is very lucky.

Oh my :( He did a very brave thing tonight....I hope he feels better soon. It's a shame when people suffer for doing the right thing but I suppose it's to be expected.

Maybe you could show him this thread so he knows how much we all think of him :wave:

He is very brave and selfless. I couldnt do that but I wouldnt want an animal to suffer either - I would be in a right state. I hope he is ok soon. hugs.
RIP little rabbit.

Thankyou for your kind words.
I have just shown Rich this thread, he is in tears, cant stop crying myself. I have asked him if the rabbit was screaming (something we have talked about over the years, in utter dread that it could be a sound that we would one day hear) he said no. He wont say anymore, he has gone upstairs to spend time with Shauny and SophieAnnie.

Ive said to him thankgod it was you who saw that and had to do what you did, because hand on heart i would have been hysterical, and i really dont think i could of , i cant even say the rest:cry:

He is a brilliant man, it is incredibly difficult to put an animal out of its misery like that, especially when it's the same animal you have at home. I've had to do it and it about broke my heart, so I've got a good idea of how he's feeling. Big hugs to him.

What an awful experience for him. It's obviously really affected him too. Hope he feels better soon. xx

Back