• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my lot

annie78art

Banned
:wave:
I have four rabbits. I had to have my rabbit Bob pts at the end of may he was 11years a 6months. I loved him so much and he was a special bunny. He was house trained and a pleasure to own. In his last days he couldnt get up without me helping him. He liked rusks and bread even though its not ideal for a rabbit the vet told me hes at an age now where you might as well give him what ever he will eat. When he stopped eatting I knew his time was up.
3 weeks past after me putting Bob down and I went into the pet shop. I seen a bunny dutch one like Bob was. I thought its a mini Bob and fell in love. When I got home I told my hubby about him. It was saturday and I didnt wanna push it and I wanted to think myself weather I really wanted him. On monday I sent my Hubby an email. Saying I know it wont be Bob but cos hes a dutch he will have the same qualitys and hopfully similar personality. I couldnt believe he said ok go and get him. I rang the shop make sure he was still there and he was. On my way to the shop I went through some names in my head. And come up with Timmy. I got Timmy and got him insured fist animal I have. I found hes a nightmare to pick up and scrambs me so I thought getting him done would calm him down. Well hes still a nighmare to handle and scrambs me to bits. I was hoping to put him with my girly Trampy but she is not done and doesnt like Timmy she just goes straight at him. My vet said he wouldnt spray Trampy cos she is too old. But I talked to another vet today and he said he would so I gotta talk to my hubby to get her done asap. Cos the risk of cancer at 6 is at its highest. He says we never had any of our bunnys done when we were kids and they lived till they were 12 years. And what if she dies during the opperation. Well hes got a point. Trampy is a sweet girl she loves my attention and will let you do anything to her. She trusts me to the fullest.
About 4weeks ago we took in 3 rabbits. I went to a clients house and she said know anyone who wants these. I told her I foster and got loads of contact so I will take them. I got them booked into the vets asap. And the vets said at 7weeks its hard to tell the sex. But he thinks its 2boys and a girl. I had the girl rehomed with my friends neighbour. The 2 boys stayed here and I tried to rehome them. Everywhere I tried I didnt mind handing them to they said no they had no room. Then my hubby started to be a bit picky. So I said well they will have to stay then. I was worried cos they were in a indoor hutch which was ok as temp but not long term. a rescue give me a double hutch which they look much better in. Their Names are Charles and Jerry. (was Edward but hubby changed it)
Before the winter we are gonna insalate the shed and I want to try and get the biggest size hitches in there that I can. I have been racking my brains for weeks trying to work it out. :?Its hard work so much hard work. Now the boys ding dongs have dropped I want them done too but Hubby says no. But we will see. It would be a dream to see all 4 all running around together.
I have also got 7 guinea pigs which I must admit is my fav animal of all time. Of couse the guineas never come into contact with the rabbits. My shed is 6x9 and I let all the animals out one by one to have a run around. If its sunny they all got runs on the garden.

Have you any photos of your bunnies? :wave: Won't the boys fight if you don't get them done? I must admit my male rabbit is not neutered yet, but he is single and hasn't shown any signs of hormonal aggression.

image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
This is my Girly Trampy she was found by my dad 5years ago running around a field. After no one clamed her we decided to take her in. She is very very very tame but at the same time very very messy. She goes around grunting which I find funny.
image_preview.php
[/url][/url]
This is my Boy Timmy after he was neutered love him. Hes a lovely boy but does not like to be handled he scrambs me to bits. So hoping his opperation will make him more tame. And of course hoping he can go in the same run as Trampy soon. :lol: When I open his cage he lays flat for me to stroke him.
[img][url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=247&u=14825586][img]http://i32.servimg.com/u/f32/14/82/55/86/edward16.jpg[/url][/url]
image_preview.php
[/url][/url]

Back