• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

food

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
:wave: hello what do u all feed ur bunnies...i give mine dry food in the morning and greens in the evening..:D

Hiya! Mine get greens and brocoli in the morning, then carrot tops/ sprout at tea time, and pellets at bed time! That way I monitor their eating 3 times a day.

Hiya! Mine get greens and brocoli in the morning, then carrot tops/ sprout at tea time, and pellets at bed time! That way I monitor their eating 3 times a day.

are mine getting fed enought then do u think ?:oops:

They literally get about 10 pellets each, and small portions of veg.
If your buns are in good condition and not skinny, then I'm sure that's fine.
80% of their diet should be hay anyway.

They literally get about 10 pellets each, and small portions of veg.
If your buns are in good condition and not skinny, then I'm sure that's fine.
80% of their diet should be hay anyway.

i keep hearing ppl mentioning pellets...what are they? are they better? i just buy the normal dry rabbit food.xx

I feed mine greens in the morning and a handful of pellets in the evening as buns tend to be more active at night, oh and they have loads of hay 24/7. :wave:

mine get greens in the morning and pellets at bed time, hay to graze on all day! mine get science selective pellets, only a handful mind (and I have small child-like hands).

mine get greens in the morning and pellets at bed time, hay to graze on all day! mine get science selective pellets, only a handful mind (and I have small child-like hands).

are these pellets better than the normal rabbit food u buy x

Mine gets pellets and greens morning and night. :wave: I changed from mix to pellets because my rabbit left certain bits of the mix so wasn't getting all the nutrients he needs. I'd like him to be eating more hay, but am wary of reducing his pellets as he is not at all overweight.

are these pellets better than the normal rabbit food u buy x

Yes they prevent selective feeding, science selective is good, im swapping mine onto it at the moment from burgess excell because its abit rich for my minilop doe :)

Yes they prevent selective feeding, science selective is good, im swapping mine onto it at the moment from burgess excell because its abit rich for my minilop doe :)

oh i see,,i am a bit thick but what did u mean by prevents selective feeding lol :oops:

Pellets are usually preferred by rabbit owners and vets. If you decide to change it is important to do so gradually as a sudden change could upset the bunny's digestion. You might find some useful information in the 'diet' section of 'rabbit care discussion.' I've only been keeping a rabbit for 5 months, so am not an expert but have learnt a lot on here.

That's what my bunny did with his mix - only ate certain bits! It means the bunny doesn't get all the nutrients he/she needs. :wave:

right i get ya :oops: i notice they dig in thier dish they only leave a small certain amount i gonna keep my eye on thier dishes and see :love:

I use chudleys rabbit royale also give excel fresh forage , excel gnaw sticks and veg and all my rabbits love it and eat it all oh and my buck (Jack) hare loves hazal nut leafs I do not get selective feeding IMO pellets is not what they get in the wild and chudleys is more like what they would get , I know a lot of breeders use pellets as in is easy but rabbits need a mix of rabbits food hay and veg no food is a compleat food ( pellets or mix) they need loads of hay and some veg also sticks are very important to for there teeth

Back