• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to get bunnies in after freeranging....

Heheh, I used to do that with my Bunny. She'd be up the end of the garden and whenever I tried to get her, she'd think I was playing and run away.... I used to stand at the back door and shake the raisin packet - her ears pricked up and she came bounding into the house! Little monkey! :)

hehe that's what mine do - as soon as they hear the rustle of the pellet packet they bolt home!

Wonderful, but now I feel a bit sea sick with the wobbly camera LOL.

So love watching your rabbits Lara. Always a treat.:D

I rather liked the bunny blurr effect. :wave: Wish I could let my lad free-range, but the garden has 36 year's worth of vegetation that wasn't designed to be bunny-friendly - plus there is a Jack Russell next door!

I rather liked the bunny blurr effect. :wave: Wish I could let my lad free-range, but the garden has 36 year's worth of vegetation that wasn't designed to be bunny-friendly - plus there is a Jack Russell next door!

:lol: Thanks

We have jack russells next door but the garden is definetely bunny/dog proof! Some of the plants are not suitable for bunnies in my garden but i fence of the ones i worry about and they dont touch anything else, they spend all their time either eating grass, binkying up and down the lawn or sleeping under the apple tree, plus i am out with them all the time, so they are strictly supervised :)

omg need to teach crunchie that!! he is a sod for catching! and often stays out over night cos he wnt dome in! x

With mine I've found the trick is to deny them access - if they arent allowed in for a bit, then they'll rush to investigate as soon as its re-opened...

Cleaning them out also works, if i go in and move anything around they cant stand not being involved, especially Teddy.... but they are more hinderence than help :lol:

Your bunnies are fabulous :) will have to try that one !! I currently say " in house please!" and they eventually go in.. this seems like a much better idea.

Thanks for sharing the lovely vid of your buns. They are all very very beautiful x

food is just wonderful isnt it.

i have oscar trained, if i tap on the tunnel (its a heavy duty one) he runs and sits in it, i lift it either end and transfer him to his hutch. Oscar also comes to my voice :love: :love:

the other buns generally ignore me :lol:

Alfie and Bubbles do exactly the same. :D:D I practically trip over the both of them in their rush to get home. :lol:

Sometimes they're engrossed in what they're doing & ignore the shaking of the food bag, meaning I have to handfeed them a pellet each and then they run back into the kennel to wait for the rest of their food.

Alfie and Bubbles do exactly the same. :D:D I practically trip over the both of them in their rush to get home. :lol:

Sometimes they're engrossed in what they're doing & ignore the shaking of the food bag, meaning I have to handfeed them a pellet each and then they run back into the kennel to wait for the rest of their food.

:lol: Yep i have to be careful not to fall over them!

Aww, they are gorgeous - how well trained are they?

Thats basically how we put Biscuit back into his pen at night...a couple of pellets or a grape or some herbs and he comes running :)

Thanks for this thread, its nice to show others how you do things so we can all learn :)

Back