• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it ok to give the bunnies old cushions?

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
I know they'll end up being destroyed :lol: but is it safe to give them some old cushions to lie on?

Biscuit has one he 'claimed' about 3 days after he arrived:lol:

I've taken the zip and zip strip off so he cant swallow them and he just digs and pulls on it like there is no tomorrow, but he never digests it - we find pieces on the floor :)

Not that im an expert, but just experience.

just keep an eye on the state of them each day... pearl had a pillow she loved to destroy.. one night i heard her banging about and went up to see what she was doing and she had the shreds of pillowcase trapped around her neck... when she moved the pillow went with her :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

she was ill at that time too, i feel so guilty even now

I think you'd have to just keep a close eye on them. Ours have a couple of old cushions and they don't destroy them, they just pull them around and dig at them.

I would never give one to a bunny that was a destroymaster because I'd worry about ingestion, and as Donna says, getting caught, but a good, tidy, well behaved bunny of mine would be allowed one to lie on. How mean am I! :lol:

just keep an eye on the state of them each day... pearl had a pillow she loved to destroy.. one night i heard her banging about and went up to see what she was doing and she had the shreds of pillowcase trapped around her neck... when she moved the pillow went with her :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

she was ill at that time too, i feel so guilty even now

aww poor Pearl :cry: don't feel bad hun you could never have expected that to happen

I would never give one to a bunny that was a destroymaster because I'd worry about ingestion, and as Donna says, getting caught, but a good, tidy, well behaved bunny of mine would be allowed one to lie on. How mean am I! :lol:

:lol: they'll see that as favouritism you know

My bunnies have cushions specially bought from Ikea (with no zips) None of my buns destroy duvets/cushions, so they're fine to have them.

I've got my outside destroyers who have vet bed on top of blankets. A cushion wouldn't last 5 mins with them! My indoor buns are touch wood, very well mannered and have an array of items the outside buns would tear up! One of our previous house buns took chunks out of my pillow... So it really depends upon the bun. :)

Truffles loves his cushions, he likes red ones :) Cant believe, 5months ago he was in a cage outside, runny eyes, poo stuck to his bum, overgrown nails. A real state, had no spirit in him either.. Now he is living a life of luxury. My precious boy, i love him sooo much :love:

Truffles loves his cushions, he likes red ones :) Cant believe, 5months ago he was in a cage outside, runny eyes, poo stuck to his bum, overgrown nails. A real state, had no spirit in him either.. Now he is living a life of luxury. My precious boy, i love him sooo much :love:

Awww!! He's landed on his paws now! :D:love:

Back