• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Puppy pen - how to keep it still!!!

hi guys,

I have a puppy pen for mylo and im tryin to make it so i can get rid of the base of his old cage, i tried this a few weeks ago but when got home he had managed to move the puppy pen to the middle of the room :roll: cos there was nothing to keep it in one place for him. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can put in to keep it still? Was thinkin bricks or somethin but these wouldnt look the best as he lives in our living room!

Thanks!

Blimey, he moved the whole thing himself?? Little monkey!!

What about tiles? Would they be heavy enough? At least they'd only be on the bottom so poss not noticeable ..... plus they'd keep him cool in summer and retain the heat in winter?? (allegedly)!

hi guys,

I have a puppy pen for mylo and im tryin to make it so i can get rid of the base of his old cage, i tried this a few weeks ago but when got home he had managed to move the puppy pen to the middle of the room :roll: cos there was nothing to keep it in one place for him. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can put in to keep it still? Was thinkin bricks or somethin but these wouldnt look the best as he lives in our living room!

Thanks!

Some people use wood to make a frame around theres i think :)

Sorry but that thread title made me laugh as I knew exactly what this thread would then be about! :lol:

We only use one on holiday (where I am at the moment) and unless I put something heavy infront of the door panel Poppy literally picks the frame up in her teeth and carries it forwards along the floor! :roll: Naughty bunnies they are :no::lol:

No helpful ideas sorry, just made me chuckle as have same thing here!

Blimey, he moved the whole thing himself?? Little monkey!!

What about tiles? Would they be heavy enough? At least they'd only be on the bottom so poss not noticeable ..... plus they'd keep him cool in summer and retain the heat in winter?? (allegedly)!

Yeh, he moved it all himself, i walked in the living room and burst into laughter cos the little monkey had moved everything! He has also got in the habit of tryin to move the bottom of his old cage (this is quite big and heavy!) and he does move it slightly!

He stands at the front of the pen and just pushes it!

Sorry but that thread title made me laugh as I knew exactly what this thread would then be about! :lol:

We only use one on holiday (where I am at the moment) and unless I put something heavy infront of the door panel Poppy literally picks the frame up in her teeth and carries it forwards along the floor! :roll: Naughty bunnies they are :no::lol:

No helpful ideas sorry, just made me chuckle as have same thing here!

I am glad its not just Mylo who is the super strong bunny! hes only small, and its not exactly a really light pen! Little :censored:

mine has a roof made from nic panels which weight it down really well, that on carpet keep it in place.. alvin is a brute force kind of a bunny too :lol::lol:

mine has a roof made from nic panels which weight it down really well, that on carpet keep it in place.. alvin is a brute force kind of a bunny too :lol::lol:

its on carpet but it just needs something to give it some weight! Maybe makin somethin to go on top would be good!

Funnily enough, I just bought a new play pen today because I wanted to increase the indoor area Basil has (when he's not being supervised). We have attached one end of the play pen to the existing cage (his base) and the other end, instead of fixing it to the other side of the cage, we leave it loose and tuck into a corner or wedge it against something else. It gives him a huge area to play in and he can't move it because of it being attached to his base. Gosh :shock: I've just re-read this post and it is really muddly, sorry:oops:

Funnily enough, I just bought a new play pen today because I wanted to increase the indoor area Basil has (when he's not being supervised). We have attached one end of the play pen to the existing cage (his base) and the other end, instead of fixing it to the other side of the cage, we leave it loose and tuck into a corner or wedge it against something else. It gives him a huge area to play in and he can't move it because of it being attached to his base. Gosh :shock: I've just re-read this post and it is really muddly, sorry:oops:

We dont really have anywhere to attach it too cos his old base is just like a big tray, hmm.....

Back