• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

concerned for poss wildie cross petshop buns

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
hi....would anyone whos a bit more experienced with wildie buns be able to do me a favour and go check out two buns stuck in a petshop?

i saw them in there when they were teeny babies and not quite ready to go.

i know theyreagouties..but now theyre big its odd..their skull shape..ears...eyes..tail....look moore like a wildie buns.

theyre listed as crossbrd and they want £19.99 for the poor things.

i asked the senior staff on that day and i said i know theyre agoutis..where did you get them from and are they part wild buns/

her reply......ha ha huh huh..i dunno..i dont know nothing bout bunnies.

:shock::shock:

my mum was quizzing her whilst i got cat food for zuzu....and outside my mum told me she asked her hiw long theyd been there...oh months the woman said..no one wants them.
oh my mum said..what happens if none buys them..i dunno guess we give em to someone.

my mum got upset and said...why dont they give them to a rescue.

i then explained its why rescues are over run.:(

poor buns are soo nervous...bulging eyes and showing whites of eyes.:(

most nervous buns ive ever seen in a pet shop.

its called PAMPURRED PETS. and its in waterlooville in hampshire..opposite peacocks.

im just concerned thats all.

hi....would anyone whos a bit more experienced with wildie buns be able to do me a favour and go check out two buns stuck in a petshop?

i saw them in there when they were teeny babies and not quite ready to go.

i know theyreagouties..but now theyre big its odd..their skull shape..ears...eyes..tail....look moore like a wildie buns.

theyre listed as crossbrd and they want £19.99 for the poor things.

i asked the senior staff on that day and i said i know theyre agoutis..where did you get them from and are they part wild buns/

her reply......ha ha huh huh..i dunno..i dont know nothing bout bunnies.

:shock::shock:

my mum was quizzing her whilst i got cat food for zuzu....and outside my mum told me she asked her hiw long theyd been there...oh months the woman said..no one wants them.
oh my mum said..what happens if none buys them..i dunno guess we give em to someone.

my mum got upset and said...why dont they give them to a rescue.

i then explained its why rescues are over run.:(

poor buns are soo nervous...bulging eyes and showing whites of eyes.:(

most nervous buns ive ever seen in a pet shop.

its called PAMPURRED PETS. and its in waterlooville in hampshire..opposite peacocks.

im just concerned thats all.

I think that was the shop where the 68 lymington buns were destined for :?:(

I go to Waterlooville when I am working with agoraphobic clients so will pop in next week and have a look. Haven't been in there for ages. The buns don't have a very big cage from what I can remember. If the shop isn't horribly busy I will ask about them too but MUST NOT be tempted to take them home -eight buns are enough - for now:)

omg the lymington buns..are you sure?:shock::(

ooh karen youre a star xxx

mm i was sorely tempted...theyre agouti what else can i say:lol:
but if theyre wildie crosses becoming a housebun isnt a good idea!! thats what i keep telling myself:lol:

i really coped cos they had those dried corn on the cob thingys hanging up and theyd been eating them.....i give up talking to numpteys:roll:
they were the only buns in there too.
theyre all kept in erplast 100 cages..they sell em there too for £49.99 but better than the old glass boxes. And they had a decent amount of bedding and hay for a change.

the ones that even worse is jollyes...but its a long walk for me from waterlooville bus stop....and a climb up small steep concrete steps inside the shop. dont go in there....pets at home looks like a haven by comparison.:(

I can't get up there just at the moment but if they're still there in a couple of weeks I will pop by :wave:

I went in to see the buns this morning. They were both nomming away and had hay and a bowl full of mix. They also had the bunny cob you mentioned, Debbie.

They were in a far too small a cage but apart from that they did look reasonably happy and not stressed. They paid me no attention at all when I was talking to them but carried on nomming.

I waited until the shop was empty as I could only see one member of staff working and I asked her about them. She doesn't know if they are a wildie cross and said they have been there for ages as they are ugly:(:( I asked what would happen and she said they would be free to a good home if anyone showed interest - looking hopefully at me!! They are not allowed to advertise them as free though.

She said they are both males and so can't go together. I said they may be able to if they were neutered and told her I'd had Furby done last week. She looked a bit puzzled. Apparently they have tried to give them to our local farm park but they don't have the space. The park are currently selling baby bunnies at the moment anyway.

I was tempted as the buns are gorgeous and in far too small a pen but I've only just rehomed Furby and am at my overdraft limit. If I do rehome another bun it would be better to get a spayed female from a rescue to bond with Furby.

Am trying to think of anyone I know who could give them a good home but no-one springs to mind :(

I'm not sure if they are a wildie cross but they are beautiful buns - certainly not ugly - but I know agouti aren't popular. Apparently there were three of them and the white and brown one found a home.

thanks gem hun xx

ooh karen..you star:love:

omg thats awful:(

i wasnt mad on rews but bertie converted me:lol: ive always loved wildie buns colouring. my beloved bif was agouti and white:love:

merlins my first black bun too......but i think hes adorable.If not a tad over hairy:lol:

they are stunning boys those two buns:(

maybe ill go back in and give her something to put up there about being less likely to have teeth probs than the ubercute lop bunny everyone goes after!!

one of em who works there lets her buns have babies a lot.....i got so mad......exit stage right......................:oops:

thank you for trying anyhow.:wave:

Back