• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone foster for the RSPCA?

I used to, but those that came to me had severe problems and normally ended up staying :lol:

Although I had a single who did go onto a home and 3 wildie crosses who also wenrt to a home. The rest stayed with me :lol:

Cool. I'm worried I might end up keeping them all too lol

How long did it take for you to get your first buns?

I applied ages ago, I got a phone call advising all my references were in and that they were fine. The lady told me she would come to do a home visit 3 weeks ago. I got everything ready, and didn't hear anything. I've left countless messages for her to call me and have still heard nothing.

It's SO frustrating, cos I want to help but it's as if they don't want to know!

Vicky we had a visit over 8 months ago now, they approved us as a boarding centre at that point and asked if they could reserve hutches for fostering on the understanding that they were fully vaccinated before coming to us. We got a phone call 4 months ago to say everything has gone through and someone would be in touch and suprise suprise nothing, zilch not a word and to be honest the more I hear about how they RSPCA operate the less I want to do with them.

If you are wanting to foster in Sth Yorkshire have you considered asking Bunnymadhouse on here if they need any fosterers for Barnsley Animal Rescue (BARC).

That's pretty unprofessional. That's down to the home visitor and not the RSPCA branch. I would definitely say keep chasing.

I did it a different way because I was a home visitor first and then became their rabbit expert so just took any rabbit that was too complicated for the staff at the centre to look after effectively. So I didn't have that wait period you have had. I have home checked a couple of potential fosterers and that was all done very quickly. I think it comes down to how busy the branch is, how efficient and how good the home visitor is.

I hope you manage to hear back from them soon.

Vicky we had a visit over 8 months ago now, they approved us as a boarding centre at that point and asked if they could reserve hutches for fostering on the understanding that they were fully vaccinated before coming to us. We got a phone call 4 months ago to say everything has gone through and someone would be in touch and suprise suprise nothing, zilch not a word and to be honest the more I hear about how they RSPCA operate the less I want to do with them.

If you are wanting to foster in Sth Yorkshire have you considered asking Bunnymadhouse on here if they need any fosterers for Barnsley Animal Rescue (BARC).

Snap. They make people feel guilty for not helping, but the minute you offer help they throw it in your face. Do you know if BARC would cover vets costs? That's my main concern, I don't want to take something on if I can't afford to treat them when they need it.

That's pretty unprofessional. That's down to the home visitor and not the RSPCA branch. I would definitely say keep chasing.

I did it a different way because I was a home visitor first and then became their rabbit expert so just took any rabbit that was too complicated for the staff at the centre to look after effectively. So I didn't have that wait period you have had. I have home checked a couple of potential fosterers and that was all done very quickly. I think it comes down to how busy the branch is, how efficient and how good the home visitor is.

I hope you manage to hear back from them soon.

I think it is down to that branch :) They just seem to be complete scatter brains. I don't know how they manage to operate to be honest.

Yes Fudge was my first foster and as you can see I failed miserably :lol:

Definately worth asking bunnymadhouse she is lovely

I fostered for the RSPCA for a few years and have some how ended up running the branch temp.

As soon as anyone calls me to be a fosterer, i have a chat with them on the phone, then arrange a homecheck, then once the homecheck has passed i go out to see them and they have their equipement as soon as they want it! I had a new fosterer last week for cats and he had a cat within a few days of me doing her homecheck :? I cant see why branches would keep you hanging on, that seems crazy. We are absolutely desperate for fosterers here :(

I hope you manage to get in touch with them soon, its really unprofessional of them not to reply :( xx

I fostered for the RSPCA for a few years and have some how ended up running the branch temp.

As soon as anyone calls me to be a fosterer, i have a chat with them on the phone, then arrange a homecheck, then once the homecheck has passed i go out to see them and they have their equipement as soon as they want it! I had a new fosterer last week for cats and he had a cat within a few days of me doing her homecheck :? I cant see why branches would keep you hanging on, that seems crazy. We are absolutely desperate for fosterers here :(

I hope you manage to get in touch with them soon, its really unprofessional of them not to reply :( xx

Thank you, it's nice to know someone is bothered. A lot of my friends I've mentioned it to have said the same thing. It's really bad, cos it's making people not want to help. It is so frustrating, cos I'm ready and waiting :(

Back