• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ant and Dec (gerbils)

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
gerbils087.jpg

gerbils079.jpg

these two little guys are desperatly in need of a new home ... they are currently in a glass tank of shavings as they love to tunnel and dig. They would need something similar to house them.

They are friendly , curious , comical little things :love:

Ant and Dec look delightful!

What size tank would they enjoy living in - sure I've got one in the loft somewhere, do they like to travel? :lol:

Ant and Dec look delightful!

What size tank would they enjoy living in - sure I've got one in the loft somewhere, do they like to travel? :lol:

they are seasoned travellers ...they travelled to get to us ;)

will check on tank size and get back to you ..Tracey (mopsmum) knows more about that than me ;)

Hi i cant offer them a home im too full lol anyway i had 2 gerbils now only one :cry: but i was told that the recommended tank size for a pair is 20gallons or you could get a 10 gallon tank and use a tank topper if that would be better. this site is quiet useful http://gerbilforum.proboards.com

Hi i cant offer them a home im too full lol anyway i had 2 gerbils now only one :cry: but i was told that the recommended tank size for a pair is 20gallons or you could get a 10 gallon tank and use a tank topper if that would be better. this site is quiet useful http://gerbilforum.proboards.com

That looks like a great forum. I haven't had gerbils since I was a teenager but we always enjoy watching their antics when we see them. I'll have a look at the ideas there and see how we go.

That looks like a great forum. I haven't had gerbils since I was a teenager but we always enjoy watching their antics when we see them. I'll have a look at the ideas there and see how we go.

iv not really posted much on their to be honest just looked through all of the pics :oops: i know what you mean i love watching barry running round and digging hes so cute :D here he is
Barry01.jpg

Barry02.jpg

Barry13.jpg

20 gallons is the minimum yes, which also works out at a 2 1/2 foot tank but obviously the larger the better :)

A ten gallon tank with topper isnt big enough. A topper shouldnt account for the overall space as gerbils are burrowers and not climbers. A topper should be in addition to the 20 gallon minimum for a pair as ten does not give them enough room to make proper tunnels and exercise.

Not sure if you've tried www.egerbil.com but im a member of that forum and it is the most accurate website on gerbil related things.

And by the way Barry looks gorgeous ;):love:

Back