• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help, Ruby just ate half a chocolate button!

I think quite a few bunnies on here have stolen bits of chocolate and been fine. Just keep an eye on her, she should be fine.x

I imagine she should be ok on just half a choc button. Maybe encourage her to eat lots of hay? If thats possible. Sorry I have no experience in this area. Give her fresh water to encourage her to drink it?? :?

Gosh - you can't turn their back for a minute but they're up to something. :roll::roll:

I know, I got distracted for a minute looking at that picture of Blackberry in his litter tray and she was nomming choccie. Is she a hardcore chocaholic on Blackberry's scale I wonder?

all my buns have stolen foods forbidden and survived just fine.......and chocolates amongst the bad stuff.

my bridge frenchie doe willow worked together with my bridge kitty salem to get the half box of chocs my mum had left for us to eat..we didnt want them and she forgot to take them back home. salem would knock stuff down that willow couldnt reach...and seeing as on her hind legs she could reach the kitchen worktop...not a lot!!!

came down next day....put hay for mums bun in a bag and stopped to pick up chocs...and theyd gone......

eventually i spied the box on the floor slid down the side of the tumble drier.
all the layer of chocs had been eaten...but two had been half eaten and spat out...what flavour...coffee cremes:lol::lol:

i panicked..it was crimbo.....i was told to keep an eye on her as it was dark choc the worst.

she never even got so much as the hiccups or belly ache!!!

our vet said he didnt know how she hadnt died of theobromine poisoning:shock:

i didnt dare tell him of her food raiding sessions since i cut her pellets back tho.

she was a rabbit with cast iron guts..never go gi slowdown in her life.

so dont panic too much..just keep an eye and expect squishy poo overload.

all my buns have stolen foods forbidden and survived just fine.......and chocolates amongst the bad stuff.

my bridge frenchie doe willow worked together with my bridge kitty salem to get the half box of chocs my mum had left for us to eat..we didnt want them and she forgot to take them back home. salem would knock stuff down that willow couldnt reach...and seeing as on her hind legs she could reach the kitchen worktop...not a lot!!!

came down next day....put hay for mums bun in a bag and stopped to pick up chocs...and theyd gone......

eventually i spied the box on the floor slid down the side of the tumble drier.
all the layer of chocs had been eaten...but two had been half eaten and spat out...what flavour...coffee cremes:lol::lol:

i panicked..it was crimbo.....i was told to keep an eye on her as it was dark choc the worst.

she never even got so much as the hiccups or belly ache!!!

our vet said he didnt know how she hadnt died of theobromine poisoning:shock:

i didnt dare tell him of her food raiding sessions since i cut her pellets back tho.

she was a rabbit with cast iron guts..never go gi slowdown in her life.

so dont panic too much..just keep an eye and expect squishy poo overload.

A bunny with taste :lol::lol::lol:

LOL when my old rabbit (RIP Thumper) was abour 10 lol (he lived untill 15!) he ate a whole like small dairy milk bar, one of my siblings left lying around! and apart from being in the dog house aha and being thirsty he was fine!! :) x

Ozzie has eaten chocolate biscuits,honey loops,mini chocolate weetabix and the ice cream covered wrapper of a cornetto in his time and he's been just fine :roll:

Back