• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The poop mystery is solved...

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I kept noticing a small pile of poops on the platform at the bottom of the little boys ramp that comes down from their hutch. I thought it was an odd place for Blackie to be pooping as he never sits there (I know they're his poops by the size/colour).

This afternoon I saw him come out of the hutch (where there are 2 litter trays), pause halfway down the ramp, have a look of intense concentration on his face.....then he carried on down the ramp, a pile of poops rolling down after him :roll:

He obviously likes the feel of the carpet under his bum when he's pooping.....

Well, what would you expect - you've brought them up to enjoy such luxuries as carpet under their bums. :lol:

Well, what would you expect - you've brought them up to enjoy such luxuries as carpet under their bums. :lol:

I wouldn't mind, but I've already had to put 2 litter trays upstairs cos they decided that 2 corners were poop corners, where they used to use just one :roll:

I wouldn't mind, but I've already had to put 2 litter trays upstairs cos they decided that 2 corners were poop corners, where they used to use just one :roll:

Yes, but did you put CARPET in the litter trays? :lol:

More seriously, do you think the carpet door mat things you get for a pound in most supermarkets would be suitable for Spenser's lower hutch in he winter? I'm worried that he might ingest fibres from the fluffier types.

More seriously, do you think the carpet door mat things you get for a pound in most supermarkets would be suitable for Spenser's lower hutch in he winter? I'm worried that he might ingest fibres from the fluffier types.

lino might be better in case he digs it or pees on it, lino's easier to clean as well. Should be fine though if you'd rather have carpet :wave:

because they can only have solid gold flooring in the hutch not in the litter trays :roll::lol:

I use carpet sample squares from carpet stores - it's much cheaper for nice quality carpet, especially when they pee and poop on them :lol:

Try him with a piece whilst you can watch him and see if Spenser is a 'chewer'.

because they can only have solid gold flooring in the hutch not in the litter trays :roll::lol:

Blackie was most miffed that I didn't put a loo roll holder in when we revamped their hutch :lol:

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010103.jpg

lino might be better in case he digs it or pees on it, lino's easier to clean as well. Should be fine though if you'd rather have carpet :wave:

I was thinking about the carpet things providing extra warmth. :? I suppose cardboard boxes (like the type my parents get wine delivered in!) could be cut up for a bit of extra insulation). So far, as it happens, Spenser has only ever peed in his bedroom. :lol:

I was thinking about the carpet things providing extra warmth. :? I suppose cardboard boxes (like the type my parents get wine delivered in!) could be cut up for a bit of extra insulation). So far, as it happens, Spenser has only ever peed in his bedroom. :lol:

stuff like hay and straw will probably be better don't really think the carpet will make a difference. :lol: you've cursed it now he'll pee everywhere

Mine have lino in the hutches, and when it's cold a layer of hay, plus pieces of fleecy blanket to snuggle in.

The carpet is on the concrete of the aviary to keep their feetsies warm :lol:

Back