• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Handfeeding Hay?

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Little Daphne is looking so skinny, and the other two shove her out of the way when the food arrives, so I've been handfeeding her her pellets and veggies, and giving her a few extra pellets. Should I try to handfeed her some hay as well? She seems to get her fair share of hay, but it's just a stampede when the pellets and veggies are put in and she doesn't stand a chance!

Little Daphne is looking so skinny, and the other two shove her out of the way when the food arrives, so I've been handfeeding her her pellets and veggies, and giving her a few extra pellets. Should I try to handfeed her some hay as well? She seems to get her fair share of hay, but it's just a stampede when the pellets and veggies are put in and she doesn't stand a chance!

Well hand feeding hay wont do her any harm if she'll take it from you. Mine dont really eat hay from my hand, just everything else. What about just putting it in lots of other places so she always has somewhere to munch if the other two are in the way..?

Well hand feeding hay wont do her any harm if she'll take it from you. Mine dont really eat hay from my hand, just everything else. What about just putting it in lots of other places so she always has somewhere to munch if the other two are in the way..?

I'm not sure if she would take it out of my hands. She does seem to get plenty of hay though, Jasmine and Harvey are a bit more civilised about hay :roll::lol:

Perhaps Spenser would eat his hay better and be a less fussy eater if he had competition ;)... I'm really onto a loser :( - he has three adults wrapped round his dainty little forepaw and is showing NO signs of loneliness. :roll:

Perhaps Spenser would eat his hay better and be a less fussy eater if he had competition ;)... I'm really onto a loser :( - he has three adults wrapped round his dainty little forepaw and is showing NO signs of loneliness. :roll:

:lol: mine have all eaten a lot more hay since I bonded them, I think the competition and 'oh he wants to eat that it must be good' helps :lol:

I want you to stop beating yourself up about Spenser being on his own. Yes I believe that the absolute ideal for a bunny is to have a bunny companion, but think what may have become of Spenser if you didn't have him.... bottom of someones garden, the pet of a bored child, food dumped in to him once a day...... instead he has all the love in the world!!!

Having said that, put your folks on and let me speak to them at once!!!!!

:)lol: ;) :lol:)

I want you to stop beating yourself up about Spenser being on his own. Yes I believe that the absolute ideal for a bunny is to have a bunny companion, but think what may have become of Spenser if you didn't have him.... bottom of someones garden, the pet of a bored child, food dumped in to him once a day...... instead he has all the love in the world!!!

Having said that, put your folks on and let me speak to them at once!!!!!

:)lol: ;) :lol:)

There speaks the teacher, methinks. Actually, my mum apparently dreamt last night that SPENSER HAD A BABY! :shock::shock::shock: I have my doubts about his manly virility, but they don't extend quite that far.

There speaks the teacher, methinks. Actually, my mum apparently dreamt last night that SPENSER HAD A BABY! :shock::shock::shock: I have my doubts about his manly virility, but they don't extend quite that far.

:lol::lol::lol: bensonlola is right though :D at least he has you and he has a far better life than most bunnies, you are a great bunny mum

Spenser tends to get distracted by my hair if I try to hand-feed hay.:roll: Yep, you guessed it, it's hay-coloured. :lol:

Back